The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the Canucks miss the playoffs, will you boycott the team next year?

DonaldBrashear

If the Canucks miss the playoffs, will you boycott the team next year?  

269 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

im not gonna start a thread for this but wowzers 'nuck fans sure hit the panic button quick!! I was upset too but realize we are right where we need to be, in the mix for a playoff spot. Why do we need to win the president's trophy every year? It does nothing. Ask L.A. We have been spoiled with the top team in the northwest for a few years now but everything cycles..it's just a matter of time other teams will eventually get better with the draft picks the oilers get and the $$ minny has spent, to developed farm system players, etc. Any team can win in this league on any given nite, just got to keep battling. I think our team might be more confident in battle with the fans having their backs and supporting them?!?!? maybe.. ya trades are gonna get made but i cheer for the front of the jersey, not individual names on the back. Now everybody sing with me, " why cant weee be friends why cant we be friends"

IF the canucks didnt make the playoffs i would welcome a higher draft pick..

The true blue suffering Canuck fans are those of us who have long suffered in the non-playoff years as well as the years with disappointing playoff results but as long as we have a team, we still celebrate OUR team whether it wins or loses.

Those OTHER people are not fans at all.

The true blue suffering Canuck fans are those of us who have long suffered in the non-playoff years as well as the years with disappointing playoff results but as long as we have a team, we still celebrate OUR team whether it wins or loses.

Those OTHER people are not fans at all.

the last time we missed the playoffs, it allowed us to draft Cody Hodgson in a deep draft. If Kesler's absence and our struggles on the PP/PK don't resolve soon, if our 5-on-5 play doesn't get more results, and we subsequently miss the playoffs, I will still cheer for this team.

Plus, we might get an epic draft pick, like Drouin if we missed the playoffs :D

I think we'll make the playoffs though, and if we're healthy we'll be a force.

I am wondering how many people will choose to not watch the Canucks next year if they miss the playoffs this year. Have we become a city that expects the team to make the playoffs every year without any hiccups? Is that realistic of us to expect? I have heard people ragging on the canucks lately saying they suck... it doesn't seem like this city likes losing very much.

My dad stopped watching the Canucks...he says it affects his heart too much when they lose. I don't know why other sports don't affect him as much. As for me and my mom...no problem. I find guys do seem to get much more emotionally distraught/affected by the games then women. I remember during our playoff run after a loss everyone at work tip toed around me including my boss...I guess they weren't sure how I was going to be after a loss but I was fine :) As long as the team stays true, plays with heart and tries their best and no funny business *cough*messier/keenan era*cough*...they have a fan for life through their ups and downs. Besides during their down time is always just an opportunity to improve and make it better...it's not the end of the world.

How does this sort of topic even get created? How man teams don't make the playoffs each year? How many teams have gone years without making them? Pretty sure they all still have fans....

Vancouver has brought us two Presidents Trophies and took us to Game 7 of the SCF in the last two years. Suck it up and stand by your team, or GTFO!

:D

while the team hasn't been lighting up the scoresheet we have been in nearly every game and are leading our division. The only teams in the west that have stood out are Chicago and Anaheim both of which have questionable goaltending and could come back to the pack in the second half. Once the PP gets on track we could easily string together a win streak. Personally I say lets get hot 10 days before the playoffs and go on a long run!

Archived