The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Ryan Miller’s ‘days are numbered’ in Buffalo

....and it's stupid comments that makes a player unpopular in a dressing room and hurts Miller's trade value.

Kaleta was upset that the Sabres added a 1 game suspension onto the 5 games that he had already served. Kaleta was just saying that he didn't like sitting and that he wanted to get in the game to help his team.

This was Miller's reaction to Kaleta.... http://prohockeytalk...row-up/related/

I can't imagine Luongo or Schneider saying this about a fellow teammate.

....and it's stupid comments that makes a player unpopular in a dressing room and hurts Miller's trade value.

Kaleta was upset that the Sabres added a 1 game suspension onto the 5 games that he had already served. Kaleta was just saying that he didn't like sitting and that he wanted to get in the game to help his team.

You seem to be skipping past the fact that Kaleta told the media that he was "pissed off" and essentially said he didn't like the way his team was playing and that going out and playing pissed off hockey is what the Sabres should be doing.

Thing is - he just took a suspension and missed 5 games - not helping his team much in the process. And then to tell the media he's pissed off by his team's decision...

Was Miller's response the part that was out of line?

I don't see Luongo or Schneider saying this about a teammate because I don't see any of their teammates firing off shots publicly about being pissed off with their team.

Both Kaleta and Miller acted unprofessionally IMO. If you have something to say, say it directly to the person your message is intended for. Complaining to the media just creates a whole bunch of unnecessary attention and will just lead to further problems.

"Ron Rolston, hinted that the scratch was a quasi-extension of Kaleta’s suspension."

Kaleta was “pissed off” about the decision, and that “no matter if you're a fan, a player, you guys know what's going on."

"Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News suggested that the Sabres players were pushing for that additional punishment along with their coach."

“We handled it. He doesn’t have to go to you guys and say that stuff. There: I’m addressing it now and I’ll go and talk to him about it. There’s no reason to say that.”

Just a bit of relative context Sabresfan1 - Byron Bitz, who most of us in Vancouver liked as a depth forward in our lineup, nailed Kyle Clifford from behind in game 1 of the playoffs last year - took a major, got a 2 game suspension - Canucks gave up a pp goal - the difference in the game. Bitz didn't play again - wasn't re-signed.

No dramatics - but it;s fairly evident that cost him his roster spot here.

Why did the Sabres suspend him?

What is Kaleta pissed off about?

Is it the team's on-ice performance, the way the team is being managed, or the fact that he was suspended?

If it's the on-ice performance, the irony is that his recent performance hurt his team in two ways.

If it was for one of the other reasons, he probably shouldn't take it to the media - the result is predictable - the media feeds on it.

Miller wasn't mincing words either.

Just saw all of Miller's post-game interview on the front page. He was a jerk right of the bat. They asked him when the Sabres will put in a good 60 minute effort and he said something to the effect of, "If you're making a betting pool put me down for April 15th". His wife works on a Charlie Sheen's new TV show. Sheen's nuttiness must be wearing off on Miller.

Just a bit of relative context Sabresfan1 - Byron Bitz, who most of us in Vancouver liked as a depth forward in our lineup, nailed Kyle Clifford from behind in game 1 of the playoffs last year - took a major, got a 2 game suspension - Canucks gave up a pp goal - the difference in the game. Bitz didn't play again - wasn't re-signed.

No dramatics - but it;s fairly evident that cost him his roster spot here.

Just saw all of Miller's post-game interview on the front page. He was a jerk right of the bat. They asked him when the Sabres will put in a good 60 minute effort and he said something to the effect of, "If you're making a betting pool put me down for April 15th". His wife works on a Charlie Sheen's new TV show. Sheen's nuttiness must be wearing off on Miller.

I'm not surprised by this at all. The writing has been on the wall there for pretty much the whole season.

I had proposed this type of situation in the Luongo thread.

1) Miller to Washington for Kuznetsov, Neuvirth

2) Schneider, Ballard, 1st for Vanek, Myers, Neuvirth

3) 4th, 5th for Goc

Sedins-Burrows

Raymond-Kes-Vanek

Higgins-Goc-Hansen

Pini-Lappy-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Myers

Garrison-Tanev

Lou

Neuvirth.

He decided to step it up further yesterday and told media that Kaleta 'needs to grow up'

Always good calling out your teammates to media.... after you called out your coach..... got him fired.... called out your team.... and basically pinned everything on them.

I'm not surprised by this at all. The writing has been on the wall there for pretty much the whole season.

I had proposed this type of situation in the Luongo thread.

1) Miller to Washington for Kuznetsov, Neuvirth

2) Schneider, Ballard, 1st for Vanek, Myers, Neuvirth

3) 4th, 5th for Goc

Sedins-Burrows

Raymond-Kes-Vanek

Higgins-Goc-Hansen

Pini-Lappy-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Myers

Garrison-Tanev

Lou

Neuvirth.