The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What to do with Kesler...

Outsiders

Are the Canucks looking to trade Kesler? Probably not.

Are there things about his game that he could improve? Of course.

Is he the best 2C in the NHL. Maybe.

Is he a 3C? Is Luongo a "backup".

Does he have a ntc? Yes.

Would he waive to go to Detroit? Who knows.

If the right offer came along...as with any player....

If your referring to diving when speaking about antics, Dustin Brown, Brad Marchand, Andrew Ference and a host of other players are guilty of diving just as much as Kesler. So using his on ice antics as an excuse to trade him is a tad flimsy.

It is somewhat unfortunate that a Canucks "fan" would choose to single out one of the true difference makers this team has, for actions that occur league wide. We all know that other teams have divers, but because the Canucks are hated it gets magnified.

His injuries are worriesome, for sure. How many more can he take before his ability is altered? We will have to see.

None of this takes away from his ability to dominate, which has been proven. Just ask Barry Trotz.

The thing is, he's always rushing to get back to play. He tried waiting it out this time but honestly, he wasn't playing the same.. He should honestly just be much more patient this time around and he'll play like he's paid to play.. He needs time and patience and he knows it but he's desperately trying to get back

Kesler has been hurt now for a along time. He cant seem to stay healthy. Should we trade him and get a great centre that can actually stay healthy and can compete night in and night out. Tell me what you think.

No, there is always a spot for him at local Tim Horton's, Save-On, and Firstar performance. But as a Canuck ... I like to think the Salo 2.0 is finished here.

Maybe we can ship him and Luongo as a package and get something in return.

The thing is, he's always rushing to get back to play. He tried waiting it out this time but honestly, he wasn't playing the same.. He should honestly just be much more patient this time around and he'll play like he's paid to play.. He needs time and patience and he knows it but he's desperately trying to get back

I seriously don't get those who want to trade Kesler. He is a heart and soul player who shows up and plays hard. It is his heart and soul that gets him injured. His need to make a big hit to spark the team or throwing himself in front of a puck is exactly what this team needs and I think the rest of the team should take his example of selfless sacrifice more seriously.

I also keep reading about his selfishness with the puck and how he's always a shoot first, pass later, player. A quick look at his career stats tells me different. His goal to assist ratio has always been fairly balanced. In fact, since he first appeared with the canucks in 03-04, only twice has his goal output exceeded his assist production.

I do not believe he deserves to be accausted the way he is every game, nor do I believe any questioning of his heart valid. In fact, I believe that when the torch is passed, it is Ryan who will recieve it. Furthermore, I would like to see more of an emphasis put on finding more like him and not so much focus put on the looking for the single superstar that carries rediculous salary and equally rediculous ego that these players inevitably grow.

If one looks at the recent Stanley Cup winners; All had balance throughout the line up. No one player stood out. All contributed and all won there respective cities the cup.

While it is good to have those 100 pnt players, it is no guarantee to get that which all Vancouver fans want more than anything else. In the playoffs it is the Keslers of the hockey world that win the day. Grit, determination and sacrifice are victorious and not the pretty goals and spectacular moves. Sometimes, yes, the odd nice goal does present itself, but more often than not, it is the ugly hack and slash goals that win Lord Stanley.

In the end, those that criticize and constantly rip Kesler should, instead be looking at the rest of the team and asking why they are nt putting out the same effort.

Archived