The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Just saw what tsn insiders said

yete

Trust me, Nonis already has his speech prepared for not making a deal this season. He's gonna go on and on how he was prepared to make a deal if it made sense, but he wasn't gonna sell the farm, and blah blah blah.

Nonis and the Leafs are probably the worst trading partner. Nonis won't make a deal unless he wins outright, and the Leafs really don't have any more assets then the Canucks do.

So tell me again why they're a good trading partner? Cause they're sort of interested in acquiring Luongo if they can get him for nothing?

I think lu,s contract stinks. i am a leaf fan we do not want the contract. lu is a great goalie.but his 9 more years is way to much risk for any team. i really doubt you guys get anything for him. i know for a fact yur owner does not want to buy him out.if by chance the leafs do want him they will not pay much. and the ownership in van is going to have more to say then MG.

In fact i doubt this will even be a GM trade from either side. the owners of our teams will be doing this trade.

As an outsider looking in what was van thinking when they signed this contract 3 years ago? if i recall snids was pushing then.did they really think it would take him 12 years to get good enought to take number 1.

Before you all bash me let me remind you we as fans do not want the contract the player is fine. that cap hit for 9 more years is just bad.

Anyone else feel the whole "Leafs talking to Kipper" is just a big "Hey MG, screw you" kind of message? I mean Kipper has made it clear that he isn't moving.

I mean I'd love to have Luo AND Schneids heading into playoffs, but realistically one has to play a drastic majority of the rest of the games and be the starter to get into any groove...

If Nonis is not about to give us roster players for Lu, and we want roster players, why not just get a high pick from Nonis, then turn around and offer that high pick to a roster player from a seller team? In the end it's a roster player for roster player for us, effectively a three way trade.

I never said it was deeper, I said it was about the same. Which it is.

Gardiner and Rielly are their only real high end prospects. Gardiner is good, but he is severely overrated in Leafland. He can't even crack the average D core of the Leafs. And I would say Kadri has graduated out of the prospect category.

Then they have quite a few B prospects like Biggs, Ashton, Ross, Finn and Colbourne.

Archived