The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Just saw what tsn insiders said

yete

What idiot considers Luongo, with the 32nd best save % in the NHL, top six material?????!!!!!! The reason he didn't get traded is precisely because that is what he isn't, as a matter of fact, he is not even worth 5.3 mil a year. Why the heck do nobody wants to trade for him? Do you think teams would pass up on a top six goalie at 5.3 mil? If Luongo was even a top 10 goalie, someone would bite. But 34 years and 53 million to go? Give me a break. The worst contract in the NHL since MG signed Sundin for 2 yrs at 10 mil per. Thank God Fat Mats did not want to get off his couch and quit swilling beer.

a thank goshness yes a thank goshness indeed wow yes what a bad trade proposal gosh yes am i sure glad we still have the lulongo instead of yes the toronto seconds my oh my how a gillis must have been out of his heads to think of a deal like that would be aceptable what a good time to yes not trade

so basically leafs only want to give away draft picks once again probaly a 2nd

and heres the kicker the leafs are willing to trade get ready for this one

CLARKE MCARTHUR lol

if gillis trades luongo for clarke mcarthur PLEASE FIRE HIM THATS ALL

Of course it makes sound business sense to cut one's losses - especially where there is a limit on what you can spend - ie a cap. Get the bad assets off your books. Of course, the owner would have to remember who made that rotten deal, and damn near stuck him with Fat Mats for 10 mil over two years. Oh yeah, then there is Ballard, Booth and Hodgson. MG was a player agent way too long, the way he gives up ownership money on bad deals.

A lot of you still have your rose coloured glasses on. Luongo has not been a top 5 goalie in this league for the past two years. He's regressing and is on a contract which even he admitted to being horrid. It's time to accept that nobody will be willing to take on a load like Luongo without giving one in return.

That was the plan until 2011, when we lost the Stanley Cup. Last season saw a marked increase in Cory's starts pretty much from the get go. The REAL proof was when Cory got the start against Boston & won, that's when I knew Lou's days were numbered.

The wheels were set in motion to trade Lou when we lost the Stanley. If we'd won the cup in 2011, but lost to LA in the EXACT same fashion in 2012, there's no way Cory would have started. Lou played well against LA last year, Quick was just a little bit better, and the rest of the KIngs were much better than the Canucks.

I believe he can get him off the books, without buying him out, perhaps eating a minimal amount of the contract.

As an owner I don't believe it would be in Aqualini's best interest to hemorrhage money into every problem that arises, I believe they will explore every option, before that ever comes to fruition. MG has some damage control to do here.

After all he didn't get into the position of being able to own an NHL franchise by just throwing millions of dollars away.

Lou sucked against LA and the difference between him and Quick was huge. Luongo ended up with the worst GAA of any goalie in the playoffs who played more than a single game. Schneider, in front of the same team had both the best GAA and save % in last year's playoffs. Two goal a game difference between Schneider and Lou - Lou fans are living in some remote region of the twilite zone.

If neither party likes the terms of their contract with one another...can't they both agree to tear it up & sign a new one? Why wouldn't that be possible? Would the league have an issue with them doing that? Maybe there are some forseeable solutions here. Either way...having one of the best tandums in hockey regardless of who we declare to be "Thing-1" or "Thing-2"....isn't a horrific situation. NOT acquiring the "other" missing pieces IS tho'!

Sorry to hear that Gillis wasted so much of his time waitin' on "12-ways-to-screw-ya" Nonis instead of concentrating his 11th hour efforts on obtaining a depth D-man for the right side or a power forward....from a more sincere trading partner. Based upon what we still have tho'...even our farm-kids like Kassian, Jensen & Corrado NEED to be prepped & readied for the play-off picture.

See it's funny... I've been saying since the beginning that we should of tried to get Franson from the Leafs and now look how well he's been playing. I even mentioned Clayton Stoner and he's been a pleasant surprise in Minnesota, both BC born defensemen. I'm very happy with getting Roy on our team, although I'm unsure on his commitment thus far- he seems to have quite a bit of doubts painted plainly in his face expressions.

The original trade I had pegged from Toronto was Lu for Colborne, a 1st round draft pick and Franson. Which would of been a really nice deal by now, but of course we had to try and get Kadri and Gardiner. (Yeah, like they were gonna trade their future away) lol So far I don't even want Lu to go to Toronto anymore, I find their low ball tactics as a sign of disrespect.. And if they wanna stick with Reimer, by all means.. It's their team, their decisions. :mellow:

Washington would of been my next choice, but they resigned Holtby, so who knows if that one is even possible. Columbus has Gabrorik now, I think Lu would look nice playing there as well. Florida is still riding the high horse thinking Markstrom will work out in the coming years and sound okay with standing pat and waiting for that time to creep it's way along, so what ever.

Either way I just want Lu to play and to be happy, he deserves it more than any player I've had the pleasure of watching through out their career, and maybe that's just my own personal opinion, but I truly believe it. I just hope the management can get it done, god knows they've been trying.. I actually blame them for making the choice to go with him for the rest of his career when they signed that contract in the first place and then backing out at the first sign of better things to come.. In my eyes Schneids is good, but a fling and when the good hearted one that was so committed leaves they'll be kicking themselves in the groin. :rolleyes:

Lou sucked against LA and the difference between him and Quick was huge. Luongo ended up with the worst GAA of any goalie in the playoffs who played more than a single game. Schneider, in front of the same team had both the best GAA and save % in last year's playoffs. Two goal a game difference between Schneider and Lou - Lou fans are living in some remote region of the twilite zone.

See it's funny... I've been saying since the beginning that we should of tried to get Franson from the Leafs and now look how well he's been playing. I even mentioned Clayton Stoner and he's been a pleasant surprise in Minnesota, both BC born defensemen. I'm very happy with getting Roy on our team, although I'm unsure on his commitment thus far- he seems to have quite a bit of doubts painted plainly in his face expressions.

The original trade I had pegged from Toronto was Lu for Colborne, a 1st round draft pick and Franson. Which would of been a really nice deal by now, but of course we had to try and get Kadri and Gardiner. (Yeah, like they were gonna trade their future away) lol So far I don't even want Lu to go to Toronto anymore, I find their low ball tactics as a sign of disrespect.. And if they wanna stick with Reimer, by all means.. It's their team, their decisions. :mellow:

Washington would of been my next choice, but they resigned Holtby, so who knows if that one is even possible. Columbus has Gabrorik now, I think Lu would look nice playing there as well. Florida is still riding the high horse thinking Markstrom will work out in the coming years and sound okay with standing pat and waiting for that time to creep it's way along, so what ever.

Either way I just want Lu to play and to be happy, he deserves it more than any player I've had the pleasure of watching through out their career, and maybe that's just my own personal opinion, but I truly believe it. I just hope the management can get it done, god knows they've been trying.. I actually blame them for making the choice to go with him for the rest of his career when they signed that contract in the first place and then backing out at the first sign of better things to come.. In my eyes Schneids is good, but a fling and when the good hearted one that was so committed leaves they'll be kicking themselves in the groin. :rolleyes:

Archived