The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Just saw what tsn insiders said

yete

How's Kassian's back...Raymond's shoulder...Booth's ankle...Malhotra's eye...Bieksa's groin? Am I missin' anybody? How many of our D-men do you call very capable NHLers? Power forwards? Do we actually have ANY yet? Yah - Minny is arguably deeper.

Every team has its share of injuries..although the Canucks have been hit hardest..Besides Ryan Suter,I can't even tell you who plays on defense for Minny.?..or who their power forward is..enlighten me!!

Minny just made a big trade for Pominville ,so they are the trendy pick...I see where you're coming from.

If you want to win, you have to buy out bad deals under the cap - part of the business. What you need is a GM who doesn't make so many bad deals and who doesn't strip the team of prospects so that he has no depth and has to bleed even more prospects and picks to stay afloat.

If neither party likes the terms of their contract with one another...can't they both agree to tear it up & sign a new one? Why wouldn't that be possible? Would the league have an issue with them doing that? Maybe there are some forseeable solutions here. Either way...having one of the best tandums in hockey regardless of who we declare to be "Thing-1" or "Thing-2"....isn't a horrific situation. NOT acquiring the "other" missing pieces IS tho'!

Sorry to hear that Gillis wasted so much of his time waitin' on "12-ways-to-screw-ya" Nonis instead of concentrating his 11th hour efforts on obtaining a depth D-man for the right side or a power forward....from a more sincere trading partner. Based upon what we still have tho'...even our farm-kids like Kassian, Jensen & Corrado NEED to be prepped & readied for the play-off picture.

they cannot mutually agree to rip up a contract because that would change the cap hit from years past.

the last 2-3 years of 5.3 would become $10,000,000 and the Canucks would be over cap, likely meaning the NHL would fine the Canucks 5 first round picks

Aw Leafs. Can we really expect them to know what's reasonable? They can barely find their way to the rink most nights.

Let's tell them sure, instead of Luongo we'll give you a Canadian Tire power washer. Throw in some shot glasses or something. Deal?

I am thinking that Toronto should never be considered for having Luongo now.

Nonis did not respect Luongo and was more concerned about toying with the Canucks out of spite for both Burke and himself being expelled from here.

I know Luongo just wants to play, but, I hope he never agrees to play for Nonis and the leafs

I would be okay with it if Toronto gets lit up in the playoffs,or falls apart and misses the playoffs and Nonis is fired out of Toronto

Archived