The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Just saw what tsn insiders said

yete

Anyone else feel the whole "Leafs talking to Kipper" is just a big "Hey MG, screw you" kind of message? I mean Kipper has made it clear that he isn't moving.

I mean I'd love to have Luo AND Schneids heading into playoffs, but realistically one has to play a drastic majority of the rest of the games and be the starter to get into any groove...

Would you feel better about going into the playoffs with Lu and Schneids or Schneids and Scrivens ?

an extra toronto piece of garbage scrub isnt going to make me want the latter

hopefully if Toronto is in the mix its a 3 way and we get a player we actually NEED from another team.

Would you feel better about going into the playoffs with Lu and Schneids or Schneids and Scrivens ?

an extra toronto piece of garbage scrub isnt going to make me want the latter

hopefully if Toronto is in the mix its a 3 way and we get a player we actually NEED from another team.

Look at Jaybo's return, do we really expect a massively bigger return?

The cap relief all by itself would be huge for us.

This deal will not involve a tangible player before the deadline

It will involve draft picks and prospects at the draft.

If gillis misses that boat, we are really screwed.

Trust me, Nonis already has his speech prepared for not making a deal this season. He's gonna go on and on how he was prepared to make a deal if it made sense, but he wasn't gonna sell the farm, and blah blah blah.

Nonis and the Leafs are probably the worst trading partner. Nonis won't make a deal unless he wins outright, and the Leafs really don't have any more assets then the Canucks do.

So tell me again why they're a good trading partner? Cause they're sort of interested in acquiring Luongo if they can get him for nothing?

I think you guys should keep him and buy him out in the summer. i doubt theres a deal here. you guys wnt to much for a really bad contract. and we are not willing to sell the farm for said bad contract. no other team is even talking to you about lu. and IMO nor should the leafs be talking to you about him.

Right now our top scorers are:

Sedins

Kesler (When he returns)

Roy

Burrows

Hansen

Raymond

Higgins

We still need GOAL SCORING. Roy is a good start but he isn't our saviour our best bet is to go all in with as much goal scoring depth as we can and ride it out. If we can do that without giving up a first or a top prospect even better.

Right now Luongo/Raymond are our best bargaining chips.

Adding another piece like Roy would really help this team our adding a third line center to that even better.

Sedins - Burrows

Top 6 Forward - Roy - Kesler

Higgins - Shutdown Center - Hansen

Torres? - Lapierre - Kassian

Unfortunately there are way to many moving parts it seems.

Getting more scoring depth should be our main priority unless a puck moving dman is available.

I don't think Nonis is any rush to make this trade...If his Leafs even make the playoffs,it will be pats on the back all round-job done!..Nobody is really expecting them to go beyond the first round,are they?...I think it would be better to trade Lou for draft picks(maybe in the summer) rather than a bunch of mediocre players.

I think lu,s contract stinks. i am a leaf fan we do not want the contract. lu is a great goalie.but his 9 more years is way to much risk for any team. i really doubt you guys get anything for him. i know for a fact yur owner does not want to buy him out.if by chance the leafs do want him they will not pay much. and the ownership in van is going to have more to say then MG.

In fact i doubt this will even be a GM trade from either side. the owners of our teams will be doing this trade.

As an outsider looking in what was van thinking when they signed this contract 3 years ago? if i recall snids was pushing then.did they really think it would take him 12 years to get good enought to take number 1.

Before you all bash me let me remind you we as fans do not want the contract the player is fine. that cap hit for 9 more years is just bad.

There is no way Aqualini buys out this contract, MG isn't going to go into Aqualini's office and ask him to scribble a cheque for 29-30 mill. and get nothing in return.

Not sure where you got your inside intel from, that no other teams are talking to MG, you are stating an opinion.

I agree MG shouldn't pander to the Leafs, but I guess we will see what unfolds in the next 24 hours.

Archived