The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

After Hours with Derek Roy - 04.06.13

Jab316

If we give him a 30 million dollar contract, he can build a place out here that his parents can stay at.

He seems to like lakes, well there's alot of them in BC. We've got lots of quality mattress establishments too.

If we give him a 30 million dollar contract, he can build a place out here that his parents can stay at.

He seems to like lakes, well there's alot of them in BC. We've got lots of quality mattress establishments too.

I think its too early for him to decide. Everyone gets homesick when they first move and its probably been very hectic for him to give the answer that he wants to stay(especially if we go to the SCF). Big advantage is his brother already living here. What parents want to fly to 2 different places to visit their kids. Especially Dallas, I lived there and it has nothing on Vancouver.

He might want + $5 mil but everyone from GM's to players have to readjust to the reduced CAP. If he was stronger in the FO circle and still put the 60 - 70 points up then he probably gets it but I don't see that so far. Besides no way Gillis pays that much to a 3rd line center.

Archived