The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

After Hours with Derek Roy - 04.06.13

Jab316

Higgins was a rental.......

Wonder what the stumbling block was for him not signing in Dallas?

Term, money or wants to be in the east?

Muskoka is a pretty nice place, my grandparents have a place on Lake of Bays outside of Huntsville.

Mind you it's a very short season and the mosquitoes are horrendous...

Reason enough for me to live in the Okanagan along with umpteen NHL’ers it seems.

But no matter how you slice it, home is home & at some point being home is very comforting

Why do so many people want him to re-sign here? We have only seen this guy play 2 games in a Canucks uniform and the word is he is asking for 5M +. I like the guy don't get me wrong but by no means has he earned himself a long term deal in Vancouver yet.

My point is let's not worry about whether or not he wants to stay longer in Vancouver, let's worry about whether or not he will be worth what he is asking. If he isn't then i have no problem letting him walk this off season. 5M is pretty expensive for a 3rd line center.

Why do so many people want him to re-sign here? We have only seen this guy play 2 games in a Canucks uniform and the word is he is asking for 5M +. I like the guy don't get me wrong but by no means has he earned himself a long term deal in Vancouver yet.

My point is let's not worry about whether or not he wants to stay longer in Vancouver, let's worry about whether or not he will be worth what he is asking. If he isn't then i have no problem letting him walk this off season. 5M is pretty expensive for a 3rd line center.

I think its too early for him to decide. Everyone gets homesick when they first move and its probably been very hectic for him to give the answer that he wants to stay(especially if we go to the SCF). Big advantage is his brother already living here. What parents want to fly to 2 different places to visit their kids. Especially Dallas, I lived there and it has nothing on Vancouver.

I got the feeling he will just turn out to be rental roy.

Doesn't matter though, he is going to help the team so much on this years cup run. Will be worth the 2nd round draft pick we gave up that would have probably turned into nothing haha.

Sedin/Kesler/Roy are our 3 centres...That has to be the deepest in the league...Or at worst in the top 3.

I got the feeling he will just turn out to be rental roy.

Doesn't matter though, he is going to help the team so much on this years cup run. Will be worth the 2nd round draft pick we gave up that would have probably turned into nothing haha.

Sedin/Kesler/Roy are our 3 centres...That has to be the deepest in the league...Or at worst in the top 3.

Archived