The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins have to be held accountable

yete

i made a familar thread way back i was called a trolll

welll im going to say it again

game 7 - at home -3 for the cup

time to trade the sedins and get some players with heart like RYAN kesler

North american players step up there game when it matters these europeans most of them go to sleep

Canucks offseason- get some more canadians on this team !!!!

For the first time ever.. Yes. The sedins have been playing disgusting soulless hockey. Henrik has yet to set up as a leader, Kesler looked like the captain for gods sake... There time is coming to an end

I expect a bashing of Ebbett next,good B.C. boy,after you bash the Sedins some more.

Yete,get it together because you are country phobic:

"North american players step up there game when it matters these europeans most of them go to sleep."Yete

Higgins,Roy,Burrows,Raymond,LaPierre-just how many goals have these North Americans scored lately?

I expect a bashing of Ebbett next,good B.C. boy,after you bash the Sedins some more.

Yete,get it together because you are country phobic:

"North american players step up there game when it matters these europeans most of them go to sleep."Yete

Higgins,Roy,Burrows,Raymond,LaPierre-just how many goals have these North Americans scored lately?

North american players step up there game when it matters these europeans most of them go to sleep

I can forgive them for not producing offensively, but I can't forgive them for basically screwing up and fish flopping all over the ice in the last minute of the game.

Or I guess I can blame AV for choosing to put them on the ice for the last minute of the game when they haven't defended a 1 goal lead in ages.

I'm gonna go ahead and agree. Winning the stanely cup is in the soul of every north american player, you just can't synthesize that. Lidstrom and Chara won as captain, yadda yadda yadda, let's look at the stats. Two euro cup-winning captains in history vs. every other captain. It is what it is!!

While I don't agree with yete's idea that only North American players are able to win the Cup (Forsberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Chara) I will say that the Sedins are yielding very little in these playoffs. Which seems very familar to last year. And to a certain extent (outside of the SJ series, ironically) the year before.

While I do respect them for their skill and generosity, they completely lack what it takes to win it all. They have zero killer instinct. The key to beating the Canucks is to smother the Sedins and hit them repeatedly. After a couple of games of doing that both of them become tenative on the puck. Look at Daniel last game. He had a perfect shot and he chose not to shoot. Why? Tonight they were mediocre at best. They disappear come playoff time, and frankly this should be the last playoff series they get to do it without being called out.

Luongo was wrongly blamed for the loss in the SCF of 2011. In my opinion, he did way more to help the team win than the Sedins ever did. They were tossed around like rag dolls and had no goals in that entire series. If they have no goals in this series, I honestly think Gillis should look at trading them while they are still a valuable asset. They are past their prime and will never grow the set needed to win the Cup.

I do think the world of them as people, mind you. As hockey players, they are a marvel and their wizardry is second to none. As playoff performers, they are just not good enough.

Do I hope they prove me and everyone else on this thread wrong? Yes. Beyond yes.

Do I think they will? Not at all.

While I don't agree with yete's idea that only North American players are able to win the Cup (Forsberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Chara) I will say that the Sedins are yielding very little in these playoffs. Which seems very familar to last year. And to a certain extent (outside of the SJ series, ironically) the year before.

While I do respect them for their skill and generosity, they completely lack what it takes to win it all. They have zero killer instinct. The key to beating the Canucks is to smother the Sedins and hit them repeatedly. After a couple of games of doing that both of them become tenative on the puck. Look at Daniel last game. He had a perfect shot and he chose not to shoot. Why? Tonight they were mediocre at best. They disappear come playoff time, and frankly this should be the last playoff series they get to do it without being called out.

Luongo was wrongly blamed for the loss in the SCF of 2011. In my opinion, he did way more to help the team win than the Sedins ever did. They were tossed around like rag dolls and had no goals in that entire series. If they have no goals in this series, I honestly think Gillis should look at trading them while they are still a valuable asset. They are past their prime and will never grow the set needed to win the Cup.

I do think the world of them as people, mind you. As hockey players, they are a marvel and their wizardry is second to none. As playoff performers, they are just not good enough.

Do I hope they prove me and everyone else on this thread wrong? Yes. Beyond yes.

Do I think they will? Not at all.

Please kindly answer my question.

What kind of trade your suggesting? Players and trade ideas.

Please don't make yourself look like a fool.

Ugh, all it takes is a couple of games and a bunch of you run around like brainless pigeons flocking to the newest pile of bird seed. These are two of the greatest players to ever put on a Canucks uniform, future Hall of Famers, each have an Art Ross Trophy, and you'll throw them under the bus because of two games? And Kesler should be given the C because he scored 2 goals? Not only that, you think they should be traded? Yeah, that sounds like a great idea - Henrik, Daniel, we're going to trade you because you only got one assist each tonight and Alex Edler coughed up the puck a few times.

And you know what? Jannik Hansen hits that empty net in the 3rd, and this thread doesn't even exist. Disgusting.

Sedins are too slow to be effective. Every time i see them try to take the puck in to the offensive zone with those tiny little pee wee strides I cringe... How can a soft, unagressive, gritless and slow player have the "C" is beyond me.

Archived