The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCSF: (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs (7) Detroit Red Wings

Who will win the Series?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Exactly why they need at least one series to go more than 5 games. We're talking millions of dollars for the NHL here. Don't pretend like that wouldn't be enough motivation to manage certain games.

But you can believe that the Wings all of a sudden just decided to unravel, and that the Hawks are so disciplined. I'll believe what I want though. Sorry if I don't buy a team taking 3 penalties in a 7 minute span.

The NHL clearly manages games, but not every series. Just for the team they want to give the cup to.

I thought all season that it would be the Rangers. But from everything I've seen, I'd have to say Sharks now.

Maybe the NHL wants the Wings to win to give the sharks an easier opponent? :ph34r:

So Toews taking 3 in a row in game four didn't happen? Because clearly the league wanted chicago down 3-1 and they wanted a small market to advance to the Conference finals. Oh wait thats the exact opposite argument the conspiracy theorists use...

Uhh Detroit isn't a small market team. They generate more revenue than the Blackhawks each season, and they probably have biggest most widespread fanbase out of any of the teams in the NHL.

Detroit is a huge draw on national tv, they have been for 20 years. The Blackhawks have only really become relevant again in the last 4 or 5 years.

But that's not even what my point was. The point was that the longer this series go, the more millions they make. So why not have the series go to 6 or 7 games instead of 5.

I don't see a whole lot of point in managing this series - two gigantic, well established American original six franchises - which is not to say they don't manage results on a regular basis.

Still, when the NHL rolls out Steven Walkom and Eric Furlatt - and that's apparently their cream of the crop - even in unmanaged games, the NHL has a lack of talent at the officiating position.

As for the actual series - it was shocking how quiet that arena was again last night, even when the Hawks were enjoying the 1-0 lead. Like a relative mausoleum in there.

I think the Hawks are in tough in game 6 - with Babcock having the last change, I don't like their chances....just hoping.

I can't honestly believe anyone believes it doesn't happen.

Easy to think it's all equal when your team is one of the league's favourites and therefore wins.

Watch everything from an unbias point of view and it's very apparent. Is it just coincidence that all the recent winners were struggling recently with attracting fans? That it just happened to perfection for the NHL?

No. They had a hand in this.

Yeah so the fact the hawks went out in the first round the last two years means nothing then.

Hence why I said the league only cares about who they want to win that year.

Got it. Just stop you sound dumb. Rebuilding and getting better after fifteen years in the basement is how sports are supposed to work. No coincidence the hawks started rebuilding when the bowmans came in. Take the tinfoil off.

Go ahead and ignore it all you want. That's not how sports are supposed to work. Even the rebuilding phase they can get involved. Coincidence that Pittsburgh and Chicago won the lottery? Doubt it.

Fact of the matter is that it's a business. Their goal is more money.

I don't see a whole lot of point in managing this series - two gigantic, well established American original six franchises - which is not to say they don't manage results on a regular basis.

Still, when the NHL rolls out Steven Walkom and Eric Furlatt - and that's apparently their cream of the crop - even in unmanaged games, the NHL has a lack of talent at the officiating position.

As for the actual series - it was shocking how quiet that arena was again last night, even when the Hawks were enjoying the 1-0 lead. Like a relative mausoleum in there.

I think the Hawks are in tough in game 6 - with Babcock having the last change, I don't like their chances....just hoping.

Uhh Detroit isn't a small market team. They generate more revenue than the Blackhawks each season, and they probably have biggest most widespread fanbase out of any of the teams in the NHL.

Detroit is a huge draw on national tv, they have been for 20 years. The Blackhawks have only really become relevant again in the last 4 or 5 years.

But that's not even what my point was. The point was that the longer this series go, the more millions they make. So why not have the series go to 6 or 7 games instead of 5.

Archived