The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

I know he's a BC boy. In fact, I met him last summer in Telkwa, which is close to his home town.

I think Vancouver was always a preferred destination, but I don't believe that it was the only possible destination.

I'm always skeptical when people try and deflect credit without any concrete evidence to back it up. The fact is, Gillis signed him and deserves credit for doing so, just like Rutherford deserves credit for acquiring Jrodan Staal, Slats deserves credit for Nash and Fletcher deserves credit for parise and Suter...

He turned down Philly and Pittsburgh.

Think about that for a second.

Philly made it to the Stanley Cup finals, and had a core group of:

Briere, Richards, Giroux, Leino, Pronger, Hartnell, Carle, Gagne, Timonen, Carter, van Riemsdyk, Coburn.

Pittsburgh won the cup the year before and made it to the second round that year with a core group of:

Crosby, Gonchar, Malkin, Kunitz, Goligoski, Dupuis, Letang, Staal, Orpik.

His heart was set on Vancouver. Props to Gillis for signing him regardless.

Vigneault is a good coach. I hope he finds another NHL gig, soon.

We need to enter a new era, though. If we were smart and feelings weren't a factor, we would trade our veterans and try to jump start the rebuilding process. Unfortunately, we won't.

Great coach in the NHL, probably one of the best.

Wish you the best of luck in the rest of your career. Will always be loved by many in Vancouver for your accomplishments for this organization.

Anyone getting the feeling that ownership said "Fire him or else?".

Only you.

How do you even make that assumption? There has been absolutely 0 evidence for that. Nothing.

Not trying to be a jerk but come on, making something out of nothing..

Rumour is that Babcock wants out of Detroit.

Throw everything at him.

I call BS. If not, he'd be highly coveted and I'd be all for snapping him up. If not, I'd love to see Guy Boucher see a fire under this complacent core of players we have now though.

Only you.

How do you even make that assumption? There has been absolutely 0 evidence for that. Nothing.

Not trying to be a jerk but come on, making something out of nothing..

Until he was asked point blank about it, he was being awfully cagey in his responses.

Rumour is that Babcock wants out of Detroit.

Throw everything at him.

If I'm not mistaken, Babcock said that if he was let go by Detroit, that he had no plans to look for a job somewhere else because his children are in school, and he wants them to finish where they are, rather than move them around everywhere with him.

Archived