The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

Team Lundqvist? Lets face it, Tortorella only had a job for as long as he did because of Lundqvist being an absolute beast.

His success that season is comparative to AV's success in 06/07.

I really think that if he wasn't the loud mouth jerk that the media loves to talk about, he wouldn't even be in discussions as a top coaching candidate. Alot of his appeal comes from his antics it seems like.

agreed

So looks like Eakins just got hired to coach Edmonton, he is out of the running for the Canucks job and will instead be coaching against us! What is the deal with that?

Oh well, I think a first-time NHL head coach is probably a better fit for a young, up-and-coming team like the Oilers than for a veteran team like the Canucks, we should go with someone who has done the job before, preferably in a big media market.

John Stevens will no doubt wind up being a Gills crony/former client. He doesn't seem to be on anyone else's radar as an NHL head coaching candidate but Gillis'. I always considered him a washout in Philly. This really feels like the beginning of a downward spiral.

So looks like Eakins just got hired to coach Edmonton, he is out of the running for the Canucks job and will instead be coaching against us! What is the deal with that?

Oh well, I think a first-time NHL head coach is probably a better fit for a young, up-and-coming team like the Oilers than for a veteran team like the Canucks, we should go with someone who has done the job before, preferably in a big media market.

He wanted to coach a young team, MG said.

Plus, considering his personal relationship with bieksa and others, maybe it wasn't that good of an idea. Oilers are a great fit for the guy. would hate to see how well this guy will do against us though :/

hope he turns out a Boucher now. >:)

Or...has Gillis been beaten out again by a better GM?

To most folks it does not matter .. if you are one who always looks for the negative, then you shall find it .. makes it easier for some folks to feel vindication in the face of their own short-comings .. Comedy Central has nothing on CDC .. :towel:

Archived