The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I know I deserve to be flamed for this. Give me your hard honest opinions/thoughts. I can take it here.

Dazzle

Idk, pretty tough situation your in....eventually, both girls will have to find out but I'd say tell girl #2 first just because you've known her for a less period of time so it'll make it easier, and than tell girl #1 afterwards you've talked with girl #2. My 2 cents....hope it turns out well for you.

Oh man. I still remember the day when I told her in-person (because I didn't want to be a douche and do it over the phone) that I needed a break. She was in tears. I could never forget the memory of her closing her eyes as her tears fell down, with not a word said. It frackin' kills me. It will always kill me. I never wanted to make a girl cry.

Honestly OP I'm not gonna flame. It's your choice what to do here, and I don't think either one is wrong if you go about it the right way. Pick which one you want. If you like the first girl that much better then just try and get back together. If not, then you need to move on and be honest with her and maybe you can still be friends. If you're honest then she may be pissed off but at least that way you doing nothing wrong.

I don't agree with what most people are saying here, it's very cliche.

Don't tell ether of them about the other yet.

Your relationship with girl #2 is new and in these stages you should not yet talk about other relationships because it can damage your growth together. She is not going to want to compete with another girl and it can make her withdraw. Where as in the future when you have demonstrated that she is your priority she will handle it much better and see it as a benefit to your personality that you put your heart into relationships and even after they end you still genuinely care about the girl. It's great for your character.

With girl #1 she obviously cares about you a lot still and in a way you have been leading her on still. Breaking this to her is like a hammer to the gut she's going to take it bad and this could shatter your entire future as far as even staying friends. You have to transition to it. Remain her friend keep showing her you care but stop hooking up with her and being romantic. Let some distance happen, time will do the job and she will start to grow away from you in that aspect. When you start to sense the flirting and all of that jazz is fading is when you can bring up the other girl. She still may get upset but she will be much more tolerable and after some thinking time will appreciate that you were still there for her and were honest.

On the flip side you could get to know girl #2 better and decide you aren't for each other and maybe what girl #1 offers is truly what you want. If you listen to these guys and make the rushed decision leaving all your business in the open you won't likely get a chance to get girl #1 back because she could feel so scorned her trust could be broken in you and that is very hard to get back with girls.

And don't tell girl #1 that you don't love her because you clearly do even if it isn't romantic anymore. Love is not like it is in fairy tales your heart can wander and even love two different girls. Personalities are complex and no one individual will fill every need you have so when you meet someone that fills another need it's easy to have that straying feeling.

Right now you just sound young and undecided on what you want. Time will cure that.

Just my 2 cents and probably my only real post in days :lol:

I've discussed this a lot, and I think 99/100 people will go for the more attractive person. That 1/100 knows what he is worth. So what if you have a GF or BF. Once, someone hotter comes along, you'll want her/him. It's just the way life is and that the majority of marriages don't work out.

Who cares about personality. Anyone can have a good personality when they want. Pick the one that you are thinking about right now, and can't stop thinking about, because if you are thinking about this second girl, clearly you've forgotten the first one. Otherwise, you wouldn't have continued with the second girl.

I've discussed this a lot, and I think 99/100 people will go for the more attractive person. That 1/100 knows what he is worth. So what if you have a GF or BF. Once, someone hotter comes along, you'll want her/him. It's just the way life is and that the majority of marriages don't work out.

Who cares about personality. Anyone can have a good personality when they want. Pick the one that you are thinking about right now, and can't stop thinking about, because if you are thinking about this second girl, clearly you've forgotten the first one. Otherwise, you wouldn't have continued with the second girl.

I think it depends what you're looking for. If you're looking for a serious relationship or marriage, personality and character are more important. For anything less serious, pick the fun hot one that you're more attracted to.

Make a decision fast, if it's #2 then tell #1 so that she stops with the fling and can move on.

Who do you want to spend the rest of your life with?

That you want to be able to wake up in the morning and would put a smile on your face without a doubt?

That would be with you in the best/worse?

Assuming that marriage is your ultimate outcome/goal that is.

Archived