The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Apparently the Habs turned down Parenteau for Bourque.

The only time deals like that go down is when players fool around with a teammate s wife. Wouldn't be the first time in Colorado this year

Madness if they turned that down. Parenteau gives you 3x the production Bourque does :shock:

Apparently the Habs turned down Parenteau for Bourque.

The only time deals like that go down is when players fool around with a teammate s wife. Wouldn't be the first time in Colorado this year

Habs are nuts if they turned that down. Seriously....

Madness if they turned that down. Parenteau gives you 3x the production Bourque does :shock:

Agreed... Seems insane.

Only reason I could think of would be that the Habs didn't want to get even smaller up front. Bourque, as much as he's struggled and really is an enigma, is one of the few forwards on the Habs with size. Not that I agree with that logic just the only possible scenario IMO

Agreed... Seems insane.

Only reason I could think of would be that the Habs didn't want to get even smaller up front. Bourque, as much as he's struggled and really is an enigma, is one of the few forwards on the Habs with size. Not that I agree with that logic just the only possible scenario IMO

The only way that's a valid reason would be if Bourque was actually using his size and contributing to the Habs in that way. But he's not. So what's the difference? Why not get a better player? Bringing in a guy who skill wise, would step onto the Habs top 6, if not their top line, for a guy who's a 3rd/4th liner with a big contract... that's a no brainer.

If Parenteau is available, the Isles should go after him. He had good chemistry with Tavares and the Isles could use his scoring punch.

It's amazing just how good the Islanders forward group is.

With Hamonic and MacDonald they can ice one of the league's best shutdown pairings.

Its a shame the rest of their D core blows.

They need a solid veteran leader to help their young guys. The injury to Visnovsky has really hurt them, and now Hamonic is out.

TRADE: The Philadelphia Flyers have made a trade with the Winnipeg Jets.

To WPG:

Mikhail Grabovski

Travis Hamonic

PHI 2014 1st Round Draft Selection

To PHI:

Jordan Eberle

Tanner Pearson

Zach Redmond

Gleason Fournier

How did I miss this trade...?

How did I miss this trade...?

Not sure. I ummed and ahh-ed about pulling the trigger on that deal for some time, then thought to myself, "how often do you get to acquire a player like Jordan Eberle?"

It's early days yet, but as c2x has said, both Hamonic and Grabovski are going through tough times. And while the loss of that 1st round pick may hurt, I now have Jordan Eberle scoring consistently for me, plus Tanner Pearson for my prospect pool, and Zach Redmond and Gleason Fournier for some depth.

It was the very definition of a blockbuster trade though :frantic:

Not sure. I ummed and ahh-ed about pulling the trigger on that deal for some time, then thought to myself, "how often do you get to acquire a player like Jordan Eberle?"

It's early days yet, but as c2x has said, both Hamonic and Grabovski are going through tough times. And while the loss of that 1st round pick may hurt, I now have Jordan Eberle scoring consistently for me, plus Tanner Pearson for my prospect pool, and Zach Redmond and Gleason Fournier for some depth.

It was the very definition of a blockbuster trade though :frantic:

Grabovski will turn it around and provide depth scoring and add another playoff bound player (hopefully). Hamonic I have high hopes for, and feel he's going to be a stud in the NHL for years to come. Adding him should help stabilize my defence, which has been searching for that depth and stability, well... pretty much since I dealt him a few years ago.

Both have hit roadblocks right now, but I have faith that both players will make an impact down the road and adding a potential top 5 pick is huge.

Congrats to Cody Ceci on being told by the Senators that he is up in the NHL to stay! Very proud to call Cody a big part of our organization, he has brought so much to the table for our organization at only 20 years old!

Archived