The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

He plays a lot smaller than his size indicates. I am shocked that He is 190. I thought he was a little guy, who maybe just needs to gain weight and strength. If he's that heavy, what the heck is his problem? He should be a lot stronger than he appears to be. Now I'm thinking he is even less likely to improve. Crap:(

I'm even more in Cassel's corner now.

watch the game last night?

you're seriously trying to put some value in a meaningless game wow and i thought cdc couldn't get any worse

you're as bad as the people that use the wjc as a means to determine which player is better and who will make the nhl

no I'm &^@#ing not. I'm trying to temper the expectations of some that think cassels is a lock for our future 1c shutting down McDavid every game and pushing vey out of 4C this year.

Do you honestly think cassels was going to make the Canucks 4C this year? Because buddy that I quoted did.

We've been trying to shut him up for weeks.

Last night's game was pretty much what I thought cassels would look like. A young prospect in need of conditioning and ahl experience among men.

Last night's game was pretty much what I thought cassels would look like. A young prospect in need of conditioning and ahl experience among men.

Cassels also looked 10 X better in previous young stars tournaments. I don't think it's fair to reduce his performance to the first semi-competitive game of the season. I didn't expect him to do much either last night, mostly because he was rehabing all summer rather than training.

FWIW, I wasn't too impressed with Mc David or Draisaitl either, but i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt considering the context of these games.

Cassels also looked 10 X better in previous young stars tournaments. I don't think it's fair to reduce his performance to the first semi-competitive game of the season. I didn't expect him to do much either last night, mostly because he was rehabing all summer rather than training.

FWIW, I wasn't too impressed with Mc David or Draisaitl either, but i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt considering the context of these games.

It's all the unknown oilers that kicked our ass. They are set up nicely for a long time

It's all the unknown oilers that kicked our ass. They are set up nicely for a long time

99% of those unknown oilers will never play in the nhl and many of them likely wont be with org in a year or two. You have to look at the top 5-7 players on each team.

Cassels will be fine, it will be a cpl of tears before he has a legit shot at the canucks though I think, and theres nothing wrong with that

no I'm ???? not. I'm trying to temper the expectations of some that think cassels is a lock for our future 1c shutting down McDavid every game and pushing vey out of 4C this year.

Do you honestly think cassels was going to make the Canucks 4C this year? Because buddy that I quoted did.

We've been trying to shut him up for weeks.

you're still trying to put stock into a meaningless game but guess what we don't make these decisions on who plays and who doesn't who makes the nhl and who doesn't that's left to the people that actually watch these players for more than a couple of games or a couple youtube clips trying to actually use a very very very small sample size to determine which player makes it and which player doesn't it's laughable

/end rant on armchair nhl experts

Different players though. Bolland is better at what he does than Crosby. However, Crosby - if he developed that part of his game - would be a lot better than Bolland too.

Cassels proved in Junior he is a much better defensive centre than MacDavid. That means he's different, not better.

Haha yeah cassels was awesome last night playing against players his own age for the first time in years. He was less than a non factor

Id like to see gaunce mccaan virt

Good call.

Updated #Canucks lines at #YoungStarsTournament:

Gaunce-McCann-Virtanen

Shinkaruk-Zhukenov-Fox

LaBate-Cassels-Abols

Stewart-Pettit-Martin

On D, Sautner with Hutton,

Brisebois with Subban,

Cederholm with Neill and

Olson with McEneny.

Good call.

Canucks Misconduct@nucksmisconduct 1h1 hour ago

Updated #Canucks lines at #YoungStarsTournament:

Gaunce-McCann-Virtanen

Shinkaruk-Zhukenov-Fox

LaBate-Cassels-Abols

Stewart-Pettit-Martin

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer 1h1 hour ago

On D, Sautner with Hutton,

Brisebois with Subban,

Cederholm with Neill and

Olson with McEneny.

Love it when the coaches listen to us fans!

Interesting pairing for Cassels. Quite possibly more comfortable on a line where his two way play can be highlighted.

Yeah, he just isn't a fast enough skater for the 1st line. His offseason has been effected by rehabbing, so he's even slower than normal. He will do well on the 3rd.

Really interested to see how the top line goes, although I would have liked to see Shinks there instead of Gaunce. That will be a high speed line for sure.

Archived