The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

Yawn! White noise is a great place for adolescent pissing matches. This is Cole Cassels talk.

Got a kick out of the McDavid vs Cassels banter earlier. That's like saying Bolland is better than Crosby.

Well that takes the cake for most off topic conversation on a prospect thread.

CONGRAT SAMJAMIAM

Yawn! White noise is a great place for adolescent pissing matches. This is Cole Cassels talk.

Got a kick out of the McDavid vs Cassels banter earlier. That's like saying Bolland is better than Crosby.

Different players though. Bolland is better at what he does than Crosby. However, Crosby - if he developed that part of his game - would be a lot better than Bolland too.

Cassels proved in Junior he is a much better defensive centre than MacDavid. That means he's different, not better.

Different players though. Bolland is better at what he does than Crosby. However, Crosby - if he developed that part of his game - would be a lot better than Bolland too.

Cassels proved in Junior he is a much better defensive centre than MacDavid. That means he's different, not better.

Not everyone needs to be this checking forward you dream about. Players have specific roles, Crosby doesn't need to be a great defensive player, if he can put up a 110 points a season and be adequate in his own end.

If Bolland is better at what he does than Crosby, Edler is better than what he does than Seguin.

Not everyone needs to be this checking forward you dream about. Players have specific roles, Crosby doesn't need to be a great defensive player, if he can put up a 110 points a season and be adequate in his own end.

If Bolland is better at what he does than Crosby, Edler is better than what he does than Seguin.

I don't disagree at all with what you say. We are comparing apples to oranges. Can we agree that the most gifted players, who have great offensive talent, could become the best defensive players at their positions too? I don't think so. I think, like you say, a winning team needs players in various roles. I also think that the dominant two way centres, like Bergeron, Towes, and Kopitar are becoming more important to winning no Cups than the 100 point producers.

I don't disagree at all with what you say. We are comparing apples to oranges. Can we agree that the most gifted players, who have great offensive talent, could become the best defensive players at their positions too? I don't think so. I think, like you say, a winning team needs players in various roles. I also think that the dominant two way centres, like Bergeron, Towes, and Kopitar are becoming more important to winning no Cups than the 100 point producers.

Those three players also happen to play or have played on stacked rosters full of elite talent. There's now way guys like Toews or Bergeron can measure up to players like Crosby/OV, if you're looking at players in a vacuum.

So prust is better than Crosby at what he does...so Crosby isn't better than him.

Prust for Crosby and a 5th!

Is Cassels our best looking prospect? How does he compare to Demko, Boesser? Any others in the running?

I'd have Virtanen, Demko, McCann and Boeser head of him. Shinkaruk has higher upside but Cassels is a better bet to make an impact and stick in the NHL (though I still think Hunter will end up a productive 2nd liner).

But Virtanen is definitely our best prospect.

I'd have Virtanen, Demko, McCann and Boeser head of him. Shinkaruk has higher upside but Cassels is a better bet to make an impact and stick in the NHL (though I still think Hunter will end up a productive 2nd liner).

But Virtanen is definitely our best prospect.

"Best looking"

;)

No disrespect to Cassels, but hes got a long way to go to over take Vey. Though I agree that Cassels brings more grit, he is significantly smaller than Vey at this point.

I quite like Vey and agree he is well ahead of Cassels on the depth chart at this point, but 'lighter' and 'smaller' are different things IMO.

Cassels is lighter than Vey, but if the two go into the corner to bring out a puck, I know who my money is on.

EDIT: Sorry to bring up a quote from a week ago... thought I was looking at the most recent page.

He looked a bit lost with the puck, played lots of PK minutes, thought he did well there. Like much of our prospects they need some time and a chance to gel.

Ya but same could be said about Edmonton's youth. 8-2 is just embarrassing. With that being said Cassels did look good on pk but the whole team was just lost out there

Archived