The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lecavalier to Flyers

I really though lecav was gonna go to Chicago, Detroit, Montreal, Philly in that order.

Chi would have made most sense to me, he would replace Handzus as there second line C in a heart beat, would play on the best team in the NHl and would arguably make them better..

Detroit would have made sense to me as well.

Philly however slightly shocked, although offensively I guess he likes the fact he wont be the go to guy, has lots of weapons to play with, and most of all hes getttttting PAID big, buddy is set for life

So...he was making $7.727 million, is bought out, and now with the 2/3 buyout plus this salary he is going to make $9.65 million a year for the next 5 years? Does anyone see something wrong with this picture?

Yes, I know those are the "cap" numbers...

BINGO!!!!! Holmgren has assembled the depth of forwards... Now he can spare one or 2 and possibly a pick for a decent defenceman like Edler. $100 says Holmgren is now elbowing his way to the front of the line to get Thomas.

You see people..... THIS is why Holmgren keeps his job year after year. He is NOT afraid to pull the trigger. He doesnt develope man crushes on his own trades like Gillis or ANY other GM does. They guy that owns the Flyers(Snider) is so rich....HOW RICH?!?!?.... He can buy Aqualini to scrub his toilets.

Opens the vault years ago to bring in Forsberg. The team starts to falter and and so what does he do? BOOM....figures a way to manipulate the media to glorify Forsberg and his wonky ankle and shafts him to Nashville.... What wwas that huge package? Hartnell, and a mountain of picks? Then plucks Timmonen, Briere, Pronger, Bryzgalov, ... You name the free agent.... THEY allllll wanna play there. Holmgren needs to dump a forward for a dman.... BOOM... Pulls the trigger on HIS 3rd overall pick(JVR) to Toronto for big name dman Luke Schenn, then proceeds to aquire his brother Brayden. Constantly in deep on EVERY big name on the market.

Flyers are always sold out every game, huge TV ratings every game,..... Making ownership money hand over fist.

I pity the idiot who has ANYTHING negative to say about that man.

Archived