The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Describe the Canucks' reputation; your assesment

Bite me Burr

View from Hawkland:

Vancouver among most talented in league; a threat to win Cup every year.

Defense good but not as good as other Cup contenders

Paranoia about refs widespread. Comical to us considering how close Canucks came to winning the Cup. Frankly, Chicagoans would be embarrassed to cling so tightly to that theory.

Gillis perhaps too cautious in managing roster each year.

Undisciplined. Without cheapshoting Horton (and provokng Bruins), Canucks win the Cup three years ago.

Lu is head case. He's the best when he's on; he's a sieve when you've gotten into his head.

Kessler is a diver.

Bieksa is not most talented but most respected Canuck by Hawks and their fans.

Daniel is sneaky dirty which is why Keith cheap shot-ed him.

Hawks fans get most agitated by Canucks and love the rivalry, even more (now) than Detroit.

Love your passion on this board.

Peace.

the Canucks have been the best team in Canada and one of the top teams in the league for 5 yeras now. A time when every other CDN has been simply abysmal. There is a lot of jealousy out there by Oilers and Leaf fans. Flames fans mostly keep quiet but OIlers and leafs fans are not capable of not chirping. Only hate comes from those two fan bases mostly. Habs fans and sens fans could care a less about the nucks. I loved all the hate when they kept winning but now that this team is trending down it is a little more irritating cause the haters have actual amo not made up stuff now. As long as the Oilers keep missing the playoffs they will keep railing on what a horrible team the nucks are even if they win this new divsion. Don Cherry's no fan of the nucks either and that hurts their rep as well. Not much chance you would see Cherry Kiss Henrick. Maybe Bieksa if he became a leaf.

Another ding on the Canucks is Gillis. He has made a lot of High profile mistakes on a good team. One thing when you make a bad trade on a bad team but when you make bad moves on a good team it makes you look like a Baffoon. When Lou likely refuses to report the Laughter from Toronto and Edmonton will be a hard pill to swallow. Burrows rant on that ref certainly has hurt the canucks with the other refs. The league fired Stefan quietly a few years later. Bertuzzi screwed us for years with the reffs as a result of his tackling Moore. Only got better when we traded him and then Burrows rant happened. I was like noooooooo as he was speaking. Knew it would cost us. May need to ship out Burrows to get the benifit of the doubt from the reffs again.

The Canucks are regarded as the joke of the league. I don't blame this assessment. They have never won a cup, try to make teams "pay with the powerplay" by diving, overall a very soft team (as seen in playoff hockey).

I havent even scratched the surface with the management. Which team holds a press conference to announce that their backup has not been traded at the deadline? Then proceeds to trade their starter whom they just signed and try to bring their backup back after he sells his home in Vancouver? Could you be more unprofessional?! The management here makes me sick! They don't draft worth a crap, make horrible moves via trades, and keep their ageing core that hasnt won a cup.

Now lets talk about the media... These guys are the worst of all! I dont wanna even talk names (Gallagher and Botchford) but seriously can you scrutinize a team any more? No wonder we can't attract great players to play and re-sign here. I wouldn't want the media breathing down my neck and then writing negatively after every day.

So, yea... If fans notice this, other players/fans sure will

View from Hawkland:

Vancouver among most talented in league; a threat to win Cup every year.

Defense good but not as good as other Cup contenders

Paranoia about refs widespread. Comical to us considering how close Canucks came to winning the Cup. Frankly, Chicagoans would be embarrassed to cling so tightly to that theory.

Gillis perhaps too cautious in managing roster each year.

Undisciplined. Without cheapshoting Horton (and provokng Bruins), Canucks win the Cup three years ago.

Lu is head case. He's the best when he's on; he's a sieve when you've gotten into his head.

Kessler is a diver.

Bieksa is not most talented but most respected Canuck by Hawks and their fans.

Daniel is sneaky dirty which is why Keith cheap shot-ed him.

Hawks fans get most agitated by Canucks and love the rivalry, even more (now) than Detroit.

Love your passion on this board.

Peace.

Keith cheap shoted Daniel because he was embarrassed he was hit by a Sedin, we call Toews captain cry because that what he is.. a world class whiner. If you want good divers look no further than your god Keith, Kane or Hossa who went down like he was shot when Hansen farted at him. Seabrook is the only Hawk with an ounce of respect on this board..Peace.

For some reason a lot of people just want to hate us. I don't know why, but I really don't care. Sure it gets annoying sometimes, but who cares what they say. All I care about is my team winning the Stanley Cup, whatever reputation it takes to get there doesn't matter to me.

Ive never understood where this whole other teams/fans are jealous of us came from. Gotta win a Cup to do that.

I imagine the way we go down every season in (to be blunt) primarily an embarrassing fashion, is in reality is quite satisfying to someone who doesn't like our team, which for the most part precludes any envious feelings.

I mean seriously, why would someone be jealous of the runners up? No one remembers who wins the President's trophy, envy is out of the question.

• 8 months later...

I don't give a rat's a$$ about the team's reputation with other fans, teams or the media. If the Canucks want to be liked, they should start losing because that's the only way anyone will stop hating them.

Nobody hates teams like the Panthers because all they do is lose.

The only thing that should be a concern is their reputation with the refs. If last postseason is an example, the team isn't getting the benefit of the doubt on any call.

But I hate the Oilers....

This is probably going to get lost in the comments but I just want to point out that the game itself has changed to a degree that makes me questions whether or not I want to keep watching NHL hockey.

I mean, some of the posters on CDC talk about how soccer is so lame because people dive and pretend to get injured but it seems nowadays that all teams are diving and have some extremely cheap and "diva"-like players. Couple this with some really inconsistent and seemingly subjective/biased calls and you get a game without integrity, balance or fun. At least soccer has very good officiating compared to hockey.

Not only that but the media has ruined the game to a degree. Nothing is allowed to happen without them blowing it out of proportion which takes the attention away from the game and turns the sport into some freak reality show. Damn, the Canucks alone have had more media controversy than hockey success lately, and that's the extent to which the game has been "corrupted".

This is probably going to get lost in the comments but I just want to point out that the game itself has changed to a degree that makes me questions whether or not I want to keep watching NHL hockey.

Same here. It is a version of pond hockey now; a soccer moms dream.

All a player has to do now... is turn his back to the check and the opposing player gets a penalty... and god help you if you're taller and manage hit the runt in the head with your arm or something.

It is so bad now with the diving and the Europe-like soccer antics, that I can barely tolerate the NHL anymore. I miss Canadian hockey. My hope is that Linden fights to bring it back.

Linden, Iginla, Doan... these guys are a dying breed. Honour is dead in todays NHL.

Everybody hates us because it's the "in" thing to do.

Actually, if you look at the number of Canucks' fans in all other 29 rinks, the whole "everyone hates us" is simply wrong and if there was one thing that characterizes Canucks' fans (not the team) it is this continual inferiority complex.

Archived