The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Center position

Piggy Bank

Down the middle we have

Henk kesler gaunce horvat and Schroeder (aside from 1 year signings of Santorelli and Richardson)

Henk and kes will both be around for atleast another five years, and neither gaunce horvat or Schroeder will need to wait that many more years to play NHL hockey full time.

I beleive Gaunce has the better chance at 3C next year, which gives him an advantage the year after and after. Horvat will defianatly not play fourth line... And Schroeder is too small for fourth line. We will probably get rid of Schroeder sooner or later, but then what do we do with who we have...

Either retire the sedins within 2 years, trade kesler and Schroeder, play horvat or gaunce 4th line, because one has to happen...

MG wanted to get younger and bigger, why didnt he take nichushkin? (Id take horvat over nichushkin) though he provides immediate top 6 help, and size, and wing depth.

Sedin Sedin burrows

Kassian kesler nichushkin nobody fronts that second line(probably first line actually)

Higgins gaunce Hansen

Richardson santo Sestito

Ed Bieksa

Hamhuis garri

Tanev corrado

Luo

Eriksson

It is easier for centermen to play wing than the other way around. Having centermen play the wing also provides an extra player that can take a faceoff if your other centerman is waved out. I'm not concerned about having an abundance of center depth and I actually welcome it. I never want to see Burrows or even a Raymond take faceoffs for us again.

Boston and Chicago were teams that were loaded with centermen and look at their success.

How do you know Hank and Kes will be starting 1st and 2nd line centers for the next 5 years? With this much center depth, what if in the coming years no one was entitled to any position and whoever played best got the most minutes.

Though it may be unlikely but who is to say that in 2-3 years Horvat is out playing all the others. If that is the case it would be silly not to give him the 1st line minutes would it not? Some internal competition is a good thing and is what this team has needed.

So.. this thread not at all about "Center Position" and is actually about the draft and how we picked Horvat over nichushkin.

So.. this thread's topic is misleading.

So.. this thread is a duplicate.

So.. this thread should be locked.

Horvat will not play 4th line minutes. Once Horvat makes the jump, he will get top 6 minutes on Kesler's wing. Gaunce will get 3rd line centre from here on out, unless he shines offensively which will get him a promotion to the top 6 or the Sedins or Kesler retire/leave.

I could imagine this in the next few years:

Daniel - Henrik - Kassian

Horvat - Kesler - Jensen

Shinkaruk - Gaunce - Burrows

Higgins - _______ - Hansen

How do you know Hank and Kes will be starting 1st and 2nd line centers for the next 5 years? With this much center depth, what if in the coming years no one was entitled to any position and whoever played best got the most minutes.

Though it may be unlikely but who is to say that in 2-3 years Horvat is out playing all the others. If that is the case it would be silly not to give him the 1st line minutes would it not? Some internal competition is a good thing and is what this team has needed.

Archived