The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are D-Boxes in Cineplex Theaters?

DonLever

I don't go to many movies but I am thinking of going on Tuesday where they have cheaper seats. I want to buy tickets online and there is this thing called D-BOX. I think it is like $15.25. And they have general seating for $7.50

Is it worth it for the extra $7.00?

And is the theater divided in different sections? One with D-Box and one with regular seating?

I have watched a couple movies in D-Box, and make sure whatever movie you are watching has a lot of action otherwise it's a waste of money.

I watched both Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight Rises in D-Box, have to Spider-Man was kind of a waste with all the talking they did.

But the seats move around and they rumble, it's pretty fun. The theatre should have a demo set up by the area where you buy tickets and they are reserved seats. The seats should be located in the centre section near the back, so pretty much the good seats.

Tuesday is cheap movie night at Cineplex. The tickets cost $5.99 (at least here in ON they do)

The only thing close to me are Silvercity and I think it's around $13. I can't remember though. I keep getting books of passes for my birthday and Christmas so I haven't paid for a movie in years.

The only thing close to me are Silvercity and I think it's around $13. I can't remember though. I keep getting books of passes for my birthday and Christmas so I haven't paid for a movie in years.

I'm currently in Thailand on an extended holiday and sometimes one needs to fill the day with distractions so I decided upon the new Pacific Rim film in non 3D as I hate 3D. The theatre was showing both so when I went to buy the tickets I was informed that the non 3D was showing on one of their special screens for 700 Baht (~24 CAD) Frack me I thought and have decided to see the film in 3D tomorrow for 180 Baht (~ 6 CAD). I don't think the premium theatre's seats bob and weave but I don't know first hand.

nokia.jpg?itok=9Zf_N4Fd

D-box seats are located in the back of the theatre as a person in a regular seat would be annoyed by a seat in front of them moving around. The seats are about a foot to foot and a half apart from each other so no problem with elbow room. Right there is worth something unless you want to snuggle with someone. also set pretty far behind the last row of regular seating so lots of foot room as well. I saw fast 6 in D-box at Silver city Riverport. and while the film was good brainless fun the seats really made the chase scenes ( and there were many) something else. There is a control unit on the side of the seat to increase/decrease the effect from pretty wild to almost no motion at all. I recommend setting it to max.

Worth the extra money? It aint cheap but some action movies are enhanced considerably by it. You wont find any non action movies playing in the D-box theatre anyways.

Archived