The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ilya Bryzgalov has an offer from KHL expansion club

Report: Bryzgalov has offer from KHL expansion club:

Ilya Bryzgalov reportedly has an offer to play for Admiral Vlaidvostok of the Kontinental Hockey League, according to Russian news outlet Sport Express.

Based on a Google translation of the piece, Admiral’s president — longtime NHLer Alex Mogilny — says the ex-Flyers netminder has been invited to join his expansion club (Admiral will begin its first season of KHL play in 2013-14), but concedes it might not have the necessary funds to sign Byrzgalov.

Here’s the translation:

Q: Olympic list Zinetula Bilyaletdinov saw? It does not have goalie Bryzgalov …

Mogilny: List seen. And about Bryzgalov can only say good words. A great goalkeeper. You do not have to hang on him all the dogs for the defeat at the World Cup.

Q: But in “Philadelphia,” his case was abysmal …

Mogilny: Who told you that? You know how many games last season, he won and how many lost? Saying that his contract bought out – so it’s financial policy of the American team. Bryzgalov is now without a club, and I am pleased to have invited him to “Admiral”.

However, we are not a rich club, so I do not know whether he will accept our terms and conditions.

The “Olympic list” bit is in reference to Bryzgalov not being one of the five goalies named to Russia’s selection roster. Three NHLers were — Sergei Bobrovsky, Semyon Varlamov, Evgeni Nabokov — along with KHL Metallurg’s Vasily Koshechkin and AK Bars’ Konstantin Barulin.

http://prohockeytalk...expansion-club/

Vladivostok has the same team colours as Philly. Incredible travel since it on the east coast, must be at least 8-9 time zones to Moscow.

That alone is reason enough to not sign but who knows.

I like Bryzgalov, and I think that you have to be damned committed to playing Hockey at all costs in order to take a spot in Vladivostok. if you picture all of Russia from the Pacific to Europe then think about where Mongolia is and Korea...Vlad is on the Pacific Coast north of North Korea, but not by much and of course due east of Mongolia/China. It isn't 'in the middle of nowhere' but for a guy to go from the western seaboard of North America to North of North Korea is something i certainly would not do, lets just say that i guess.

Archived