The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Old style seesaws in the GVR area?

Super Funk

Hi all,

Does anyone know any public parks or recreational areas in GVR that still has the old style seesaws that use a big plank of wood or long piece of metal, like the one shown in the below pic?

Appreciate any help!

oe_climber_seesaw.jpg

I haven't been since I was young, but I recall Maple Grove Park (W51st and Yew) having seesaws.

And as recently as last year Granville Island's still had one by the ballet school (I think?).

Bakerview park in South Surrey had them but I haven't notice in awhile. Me and my ex gf. used to go on them until one fateful day she sat down and launched me 20ft into the air. I was stuck in a douglas fir for hours and it took 2 cops, 4 firefighters, 3 paramedics and a member of the coast guard to get me down. That was a eventful Tuesday, and we never spoke again.

Bakerview park in South Surrey had them but I haven't notice in awhile. Me and my ex gf. used to go on them until one fateful day she sat down and launched me 20ft into the air. I was stuck in a douglas fir for hours and it took 2 cops, 4 firefighters, 3 paramedics and a member of the coast guard to get me down. That was a eventful Tuesday, and we never spoke again.

Archived