The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Aaron Gagnon with HV71

http://www.thescore.com/home/articles/1248033-aaron-gagnon-signs-with-swedish-team

Aaron Gagnon has signed with HV71 (Jönköping) of the Swedish Hockey League, according to the team's official website.

The 27-year old center was drafted by the Phoenix Coyotes in the eighth round of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft (240th overall), and scored three goals and two assists in 38 games with the Coyotes, Dallas Stars and Winnipeg Jets.

Gagnon scored 27 goals and 31 assists during the 2009-10 AHL season as a member of the Texas Stars. He scored his three NHL goals in ten appearances for the Jets in 2013.

Fredrik Stillman, HV71's sports director, says Gagnon has "good hands and a great feel for the game", and that he is "a great character who always gives everything for the team."

He's a good depth forward who was rumored to be in talks with several teams in the NHL, but he apparently didn't want another two-way deal making less in the AHL. All the best to him in continuing his career.

I'll bite. This is a player I've been a fan of since he was a Dallas Star, and he's been noticible in the AHL for years and came up with the Jets last year and played extremely well, and it looked like he finally broke through sticking with the team through the end of the year, if I remember correctly. Jets fans could easily be interested in him, and if you aren't, that's fine.

Archived