The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Guest Gumballthechewy

You might find it at one of the bigger beer and wine stores, like the one in False Creek. I've seen the logo before, but it might have been awhile and I certainly can't remember where.

To suggest something similar (without going the nut brown ale route), maybe try Moody Ales brown ale. It's the one beer I favour of theirs and might be similar by description.

But I've just finished off my growler of cerveza negra from Bad Tattoo in Penticton, and it's not too far off a brown ale as well. You might enjoy that for a little different variation.

3 hours ago, elvis15 said:

You might find it at one of the bigger beer and wine stores, like the one in False Creek. I've seen the logo before, but it might have been awhile and I certainly can't remember where.

To suggest something similar (without going the nut brown ale route), maybe try Moody Ales brown ale. It's the one beer I favour of theirs and might be similar by description.

But I've just finished off my growler of cerveza negra from Bad Tattoo in Penticton, and it's not too far off a brown ale as well. You might enjoy that for a little different variation.

I'm on the island, so I can't check personally (any time soon). My local store said Brooklyn stopped shipping to BC, but the company says that isn't the case. 

Thanks for the recommendations - I've tried a handful of brown ales before and nothing has come close to the Brooklyn one for me. But I've enjoyed the vast majority of them anyway. Never tried the Moody Ales one, I'll definitely keep my eyes open for it.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:58 PM, LaBamba said:

Anyone remember Molson XXX?

it use to get a guy whisky pissed. You'd be throwing rocks at your house after a 6 pack

image.jpeg

I had a 6-pack of this stuff a few months ago.  I like it every now and then.

I'm probably just the typical yank but I love Sam Adams Octoberfest and Winter Lager. 

What irritates me though is they already started putting Octoberfest on the shelves.  We're in the middle of August in a heat wave, mid 90's for the next 4-5 days.  It's best during those brisk Fall days.  May as well change the name to Augustfest... 

Half the beers in here I've never even heard of.  Not sure if maybe a lot are local brewery stuff or if I've just never delved into the "finer" brews. 

The Summer beers for me are usually Coors Original, Miller Light, Molson Canadian.  I know I'll get cut up for admitting that though.  :lol:  I'm just not a fan of the thicker stuff when it's hot out. 

Did anybody see this?

Dave Mustaine's Birthday Invitiation

Dave Mustaine is turning 55 this year and celebrating with the launch with his own beer, À TOUT LE MONDE. Want to party with Dave on his birthday? Subscribe for details at megadethbeer.com

Posted by Megadeth on Friday, August 12, 2016

Heard about it a bit ago, and looks like they have a contest to 'party with Dave'. Not sure I'd want to, but it's being made by Unibroue and I love their beers.

EDIT: there's a video that tried to embed, check it out at the link:

https://www.facebook.com/Megadeth/videos/10153600362272330/

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

You ARE an anarchist. 

I prefer Voluntaryist as even thought it's the same thing, essentially, it sounds a lot more friendly!  ::D

Since when did beer drinking become like wine anyway?  I'm not knocking it, I just didn't know beer drinking could be so...  I don't even know the word.

Just now, Bocivus said:

I prefer Voluntaryist as even thought it's the same thing, essentially, it sounds a lot more friendly!  ::D

Since when did beer drinking become like wine anyway?  I'm not knocking it, I just didn't know beer drinking could be so...  I don't even know the word.

Conosurish!? I completely agree. For me it's pretty simple. If I go out to eat I'll drink what is on tap preferably local. After I drink it and leave the restaurant, even if I loved the beer that relationship is over. 

If I'm going to get drunk camping for example I buy the cheapest beer at the liquor store. Because my goal isn't to enjoy the taste of beer, it's to enjoy the effects. 

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

Conosurish!? I completely agree. For me it's pretty simple. If I go out to eat I'll drink what is on tap preferably local. After I drink it and leave the restaurant, even if I loved the beer that relationship is over. 

If I'm going to get drunk camping for example I buy the cheapest beer at the liquor store. Because my goal isn't to enjoy the taste of beer, it's to enjoy the effects. 

I'm pretty much the same way in the hotter months and even in the colder ones I can only drink about 3-4 of the Sam's before I start feeling bloated.  Then I may even crack open The Silver Bullet!  :o

I also have been known to enjoy jager from time to time but this is a beer thread so I digress...

On 04/08/2016 at 10:21 AM, LaBamba said:

Also, how do you get drunk off these foo foo beers?

Like how do you drink 12 IPA's? Or grapefruit, strawberry, walnut, hibiscus infused lagers? 

Thats what I can't understand. If you want to get drunk from consuming beer, flavoured beer is a poor choice. 

On 04/08/2016 at 11:30 AM, LaBamba said:

I don't even refrigerate my beer, so why would I care about what it tastes like. Craft beer is a waste of time. 

On 04/08/2016 at 11:40 AM, LaBamba said:

I'm not in the wrong thread, I like warm, cheap, mass produced, beer when drinking in high volumes.  

On 04/08/2016 at 8:57 PM, LaBamba said:

Don't get me wrong, if I'm at a brew pup or eating a nice steak I enjoy a good craft beer like one does with wine. When I worked in the USA I would always get a Black and Tan with my meal. (A Dark beer mixed with a light beer) or any local brew beer. It's not that I hate the stuff. It's just that the if you are drinking 12-24 beer throughout the day at the lake for example, a hoppy, thick, flavour packed beer is not a great choice. I also prefer to drink my beer warm. IPA isn't my favourite beer at room temperature. I also find that craft beers have more foam and make me bloated.

High volumes and room temperature is where your Molson Canadian style beer is champion. 

11 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

we get it

28 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Pretty much what I've been trying to say 

On August 12, 2016 at 1:03 PM, Bocivus said:

I'm probably just the typical yank but I love Sam Adams Octoberfest and Winter Lager. 

What irritates me though is they already started putting Octoberfest on the shelves.  We're in the middle of August in a heat wave, mid 90's for the next 4-5 days.  It's best during those brisk Fall days.  May as well change the name to Augustfest... 

Half the beers in here I've never even heard of.  Not sure if maybe a lot are local brewery stuff or if I've just never delved into the "finer" brews. 

The Summer beers for me are usually Coors Original, Miller Light, Molson Canadian.  I know I'll get cut up for admitting that though.  :lol:  I'm just not a fan of the thicker stuff when it's hot out. 

God I miss beer so much, but if I could still drink it if have a few of any of those summer beers with ya. Have you ever tried Kokanee? It's somewhere in between bud and Canadian, it was my favourite... Along with coors original.

10 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

God I miss beer so much, but if I could still drink it if have a few of any of those summer beers with ya. Have you ever tried Kokanee? It's somewhere in between bud and Canadian, it was my favourite... Along with coors original.

No, I can't say I've ever had Kokanee.  I had never even heard of it, actually till I just looked it up.  I see it's a local BC brewed beer.  I doubt it is sold here in the states but if I see or as soon as I can take a trip to Vancouver I'll definitely try it.

5 hours ago, Bocivus said:

No, I can't say I've ever had Kokanee.  I had never even heard of it, actually till I just looked it up.  I see it's a local BC brewed beer.  I doubt it is sold here in the states but if I see or as soon as I can take a trip to Vancouver I'll definitely try it.

Lol and there's a fun + you can look for the Sasquatch on the label. 

Archived