The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Guest Gumballthechewy

3 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

If you don't care what it tastes like and you want to get drunk, this is all you need:

marylandhighproofalcoholban.jpg

You're in the wrong thread, and as J.R. says, you're doing it wrong.

Why anyone would drink (crappy) beer as their method of choice for getting drunk and not caring what it tastes like is pretty fecking illogical.

Typical LB :lol:

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Why anyone would drink (crappy) beer as their method of choice for getting drunk and not caring what it tastes like is pretty fecking illogical.

Typical LB :lol:

Wel if you want to get drunk then the quality of the beer doesn't matter I guess. After a few they pretty much all taste the same. 

It's the room temperature part that grosses me out.

4 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

If you don't care what it tastes like and you want to get drunk, this is all you need:

marylandhighproofalcoholban.jpg

You're in the wrong thread, and as J.R. says, you're doing it wrong.

I'm not in the wrong thread, I like warm, cheap, mass produced, beer when drinking in high volumes.  

^^ So, you do care what it tastes like - so long as it tastes like warm, cheap, mass produced beer.

51 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I suppose a few beers, a ride home in a $&!#ty car and a night with a 6/10 could be considered mission accomplished

beer_7987.jpg

14.jpg

d6f325d23fb7e20b6fa8302781de285b.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Wel if you want to get drunk then the quality of the beer doesn't matter I guess. After a few they pretty much all taste the same. 

It's the room temperature part that grosses me out.

Sure but the ones he listed aren't exactly overflowing with alcohol content. Pretty average 5% stuff. I mean if your goal is to get drunk on crappy, cheap, has-to-be beer there's higher alcohol content beer out there too.

Steamworks Pilsner has the same alcohol content as Pacific Pilsner and tastes a HELL of a lot better (even after a few).

If somebody asks me if I want McDonalds or a 3 course meal from a top restaurant...

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Sure but the ones he listed aren't exactly overflowing with alcohol content. Pretty average 5% stuff. I mean if your goal is to get drunk on crappy, cheap, has-to-be beer there's higher alcohol content beer out there too.

Steamworks Pilsner has the same alcohol content as Pacific Pilsner and tastes a HELL of a lot better (even after a few).

If somebody asks me if I want McDonalds or a 3 course meal from a top restaurant...

I always find that even Old Mil tasted pretty decent after about 4. You just start to lose the taste/wherewithal to differerentiate. 

The other factor, at least for a cheapskate like myself, is the cost. If I was drinking to get drunk I'd rather spend 20 bucks (sometimes less) on a 12 case of Old Mil than 25-30 on 12 better beers. 

I don't drink to get drunk anymore so I'm with you and Elvis on the taste factor. I'll enjoy a nicer beer with dinner once in a while but my days of getting pissed off cheap beer are done. 

16 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I always find that even Old Mil tasted pretty decent after about 4. You just start to lose the taste/wherewithal to differerentiate. 

The other factor, at least for a cheapskate like myself, is the cost. If I was drinking to get drunk I'd rather spend 20 bucks (sometimes less) on a 12 case of Old Mil than 25-30 on 12 better beers. 

I don't drink to get drunk anymore so I'm with you and Elvis on the taste factor. I'll enjoy a nicer beer with dinner once in a while but my days of getting pissed off cheap beer are done. 

I don't but YMMV. I find it takes me closer to 8+ before I even start to stop caring. 8 crap beers is a lot to get through to get to that stage and these days I don't often get the opportunity or desire to do so anyway.

Sure but LB has worked hard to get to a point where he makes pretty good dough. There's little financial incentive for him to not drink better stuff. He's a grown arse man, not a frat boy :lol: ~$5 more spread over 12 (far better) beers is money well spent IMO.

We're not even suggesting he go for the expensive stuff (the bottle of Bat Tattoo I had above was $25 alone, and the 6L bottle of La Fin Du Monde is something like $175) but there's lost of good, higher alcohol content beers he could be drinking if he chose to.

Oh well, back to my good beers!

7 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I don't but YMMV. I find it takes me closer to 8+ before I even start to stop caring. 8 crap beers is a lot to get through to get to that stage and these days I don't often get the opportunity or desire to do so anyway.

Sure but LB has worked hard to get to a point where he makes pretty good dough. There's little financial incentive for him to not drink better stuff. He's a grown arse man, not a frat boy :lol: ~$5 more spread over 12 (far better) beers is money well spent IMO.

Are you insinuating that I'm a frat boy?-_-

13 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Also, I'm with you on your points but I see where LB is coming from. Plenty of middle-aged men (and some even older) that still won't drink anything but Canadian or Bud even if it's for the enjoyment. Some folks outgrow it, some folks don't. Some just genuinely enjoy those commercial beers.

5 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Also, I'm with you on your points but I see where LB is coming from. Plenty of middle-aged men (and some even older) that still won't drink anything but Canadian or Bud even if it's for the enjoyment. Some folks outgrow it, some folks don't. Some just genuinely enjoy those commercial beers.

This is so true.

honestly I'm shocked at the fact that bud light or coors light is even a product but here in middle Canada it's the go-to

7 minutes ago, riffraff said:

This is so true.

honestly I'm shocked at the fact that bud light or coors light is even a product but here in middle Canada it's the go-to

Light beers are for frat boys and insecure men who don't know their best days are behind them yet. Just my opinion. One of my buddies loves bud light platinum because "you can get sh*tfaced and still have abs" :rolleyes:

i thought you were from the island too? 

9 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Light beers are for frat boys and insecure men who don't know their best days are behind them yet. Just my opinion. One of my buddies loves bud light platinum because "you can get sh*tfaced and still have abs" :rolleyes:

i thought you were from the island too? 

I am but I work in Saskatoon and have been for nearly three years.

on the island it's lucky lager.  Which I do drink when I'm camping.

the gvt liquor stores here in sasktchewan are just starting to dabble in crafts.

30 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I am but I work in Saskatoon and have been for nearly three years.

on the island it's lucky lager.  Which I do drink when I'm camping.

the gvt liquor stores here in sasktchewan are just starting to dabble in crafts.

Yeah I don't think I've met an islander who doesn't love Lucky, though I think it's pretty crap myself. Pretty much anything that runs you less than 10-11 bucks for a sixer isn't gonna taste great.

Archived