The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Russian Athletes Kiss In Protest At Anti-Gay Law

uber_pwnzor

Are you high or something?

He said he's sick and tired of hearing about homos.

You don't see the problem with that? The derogatory term "homos" flew right over your head?

What an inconvenience for a guy who has to hear about homosexuals fighting for their rights of equality. I feel terrible for anyone who's tired of other people's problems. Man, that SUCKS!

I refuse to comment on any of your other rubbish. You keep making the most obscure, irrelevantly stupid posts. Hurts my head even trying to comprehend what message you're getting across.

Comparing the term "This guy" to "homos".

Of course nobody has been arrested yet. 1) the law is new, and perhaps more importantly, 2) the Olympics haven't started yet.

In America and Canada? Maybe. In Russia? Not likely. In Russia (which is progressive by some homophobic national standards), 75% of people (according to a recent poll, found here: http://slate.me/15HXGjG) do not think homosexuals should be "accepted by society." If you think there is going to be a cultural shift in the next 10 years without an active effort made by some, you are optimistic.

This isn't about shoving anything in anyone's face. The Russian law is SO incredibly vague and there is literally no definitions given to explain any of the legality at all. Technically, someone could be arrested for being on a podium or in an interview and saying "I love you Tom!"

Anyway, I think theminister just said it better and more succinctly than I can at this point, so look up, look waaaay up, read his post (and I'll call Rusty)

If you don't like what I write, do me a favour and just shut up, don';t read it and refrain from bloody commenting.

You're one fo those types of people that HAS to interject into everything regardless of validity of information.

You're one of those John Baird Vic Toews types of people who say crap like "you're with us or the pedophiles"

He is tired of hearing about it, so what. He isn't entitled to his own opinion? So...you're saying it's ok for those to protest for equality across the board, but he can't voice his own opinion.

Pretty baseless. Way to keep the standards hi there buds.

How is the word homo derogatory? It is an abbreviation of the word homosexual. This is a prime example of what I am sick about hearing with regards to homosexual people. Incessant whining and limelighting.

Like Warhippy, I am also a minority and endure stereotypes, people judging me every day based on what they see. So go ahead and make your assumptions based on my post.

I am sick of hearing about homo's and their drama. I don't hate them, I have a few friends and family members that identify as homo, doesn't bother me because they are not in my face about it all the time, just like I am not in their face about who I am all the time. I mean, if you are going to define yourself based entirely on sexual preference, then you must be a very shallow individual, imo.

I am just concerned that the Winter Olymics are going to be gayjacked and I won't be able to enjoy them without homo references every 5 minutes. Sorry if that offends, but it is not bigotted by intent.

I don't see homo's standing up to Muslim states. Just the same as I don't go to Muslim states for vacation with my hot wife and parade her around in a bikini. They don't like that crap, and that is okay. It is their right, as much as I disagree with it.

I also don't go to India and try to convince them to eat cows. To them, cows are sacred. I don't agree with that belief but I am okay with it, as long as those Indians don't try to get between my steak and I.

Also take Jehova's Witnesses for example. According to their belief system, they have it all figured out and they are going to heaven. Great for them. But when they come knocking on my door on the weekend and interrupt me in my home, I feel like telling them to frack off. Doesn't mean I hate them, just means I don't want my mind space to be cluttered up with their nonsense while I am trying to watch some sports.

How is the word homo derogatory? It is an abbreviation of the word homosexual. This is a prime example of what I am sick about hearing with regards to homosexual people. Incessant whining and limelighting.

Like Warhippy, I am also a minority and endure stereotypes, people judging me every day based on what they see. So go ahead and make your assumptions based on my post.

I am sick of hearing about homo's and their drama. I don't hate them, I have a few friends and family members that identify as homo, doesn't bother me because they are not in my face about it all the time, just like I am not in their face about who I am all the time. I mean, if you are going to define yourself based entirely on sexual preference, then you must be a very shallow individual, imo.

I am just concerned that the Winter Olymics are going to be gayjacked and I won't be able to enjoy them without homo references every 5 minutes. Sorry if that offends, but it is not bigotted by intent.

I don't see homo's standing up to Muslim states. Just the same as I don't go to Muslim states for vacation with my hot wife and parade her around in a bikini. They don't like that crap, and that is okay. It is their right, as much as I disagree with it.

I also don't go to India and try to convince them to eat cows. To them, cows are sacred. I don't agree with that belief but I am okay with it, as long as those Indians don't try to get between my steak and I.

Also take Jehova's Witnesses for example. According to their belief system, they have it all figured out and they are going to heaven. Great for them. But when they come knocking on my door on the weekend and interrupt me in my home, I feel like telling them to frack off. Doesn't mean I hate them, just means I don't want my mind space to be cluttered up with their nonsense while I am trying to watch some sports.

OK let's get this straight right now.

To date nobody has actually been jailed in Russia for protesting or the like about gay rights since this silly law was enacted. To say it will persecute people outright is silly at best. Relying on western media for truth is like listening to a priest tell you that young boy isn't attractive.

Ok so lets get this straight lol. World wide not just European men and women have been kissing each other on the cheek or lips as sign of friendship/respect/joy/gratitude for hundreds of years and when two women kiss they are fighting for gay rights ? This complete pile pf propaganda is is starting to sicken me ! This world truly is becoming a joke. Western society is a total social farce and they are telling Russians how to act ?

Homo is derogatory? Homosexual is a derogatory word? Are you high? I can think of many terms that negatively describe people of such orientation but "homo" isn't one of them.

PC police everywhere.

Excuse me as I have my homo milk.

Homo is derogatory? Homosexual is a derogatory word? Are you high? I can think of many terms that negatively describe people of such orientation but "homo" isn't one of them.

PC police everywhere.

Excuse me as I have my homo milk.

Archived