The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

With only 2 Playmaking Top-6 skaters, Should Sedins be split?

canucksnihilist

With only 2 Playmaking Top-6 skaters, Should Sedins be split?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I doubt splitting them up will create more offense. They work a lot better together. Splitting them up certainly would lower they overall production. Two playmakers on the same line isn't a bad thing, especially when one of them is predominately a sniper. It's not like two play makers can't set each other up either.

From my point of view, this only makes sense.

They are the BEST and ONLY Top-6 playmakers on the team, it doesn't make sense to have them on the same line, except on the power play to set up the other 3 players...

Thoughts?

Splitting up the Sedins does balances the lines more, but it would be better if they were on the same line since they are so dominant playing together. We have enough depth and if we see secondary scoring from guys like Kesler, Booth, Higgins, Hansen then I think there is no reason to split up the Sedins. If most of the players stay healthy and play 75+ games, then we'll be fine.

Yes and no. It would affect other teams game plans which is to shut down the twins. And Henrik has proven time and again he can play without Daniel as evidenced by an MVP and scoring trophy.

But keeping them together we have one of the top 1st lines in the league. But again we have Schroeder we have Gaunce and we have Horvat and Richardson who can all effectively be the playmaking winger/center for the 2nd line.

I think it is something that should be considered depending on the team opposing us and the scenario we are in, offensive defensive starts etc.

Honestly, the effect splitting them would have mid game on other teams' game plans would seriously throw other teams off their games

I like the idea of splitting the sedins up, but not for the whole game.

The sedins play 19 minutes a game, usually all that time is played together except for the odd time one gets their change in and the other doesn't.

Mixing up scoring lines could be a good thing though.

Pretty much any player will succeed playing with the twins, but as pointed out with Kassian is that most players don't help the twins out as much as others. We have seen kassian and burrows have success with the twins on the top line as well as Hansen to some degree. On the powerplay Kesler has shown great chemistry as well. If for part of the game rolling two scoring lines such as - Daniel-Kesler-Kassian and Booth-Henrik-Burrows to have a longer more balanced attack could be a great way to steal offence and divide the top defenders. Do this for about 5-7 minutes of sedins 5v5 play to mix things up then for the rest of the time have the regular lines with the twins together for another 7-9 5v5 and then stack the play for the powerplay.

Splitting the twins up for good is not a good option but making the opposing team change their defensive strategy by splitting them every now and then could be a great tactic to create defensive zone breakdowns.

HS can get a point per game without DS.

DS can get a point per game without HS.

Is there any other real thing you want to do, besides keeping them together? They have chemistry with EVERYONE...

put them together on the power play, that is enough!

I wouldn't gut our prospect depth so the Canucks could have half a season of Vanek. Buffalo would likely command a 1st + Jensen + Corrado. Something in that range. It wouldn't be worth it. If it was a guaranteed cup, I'd probably do it but it would suck to bow out in the 1st or 2nd round, lose Vanek, and end up giving up those prospects for nothing.

Archived