The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

With only 2 Playmaking Top-6 skaters, Should Sedins be split?

canucksnihilist

With only 2 Playmaking Top-6 skaters, Should Sedins be split?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i believe they occasionally cancel each other out instead of make each other better.

I think Henrik became a much better, more confident player when he had to lead the team with Danny down a few years back.

They used to be the #1 and #2 centres back in Sweden.

Yes, they play magnificiently together.

They can also raise their individual games while making other players better, too.

2 things:

DS is more of a playmaker than a pure goal scorer. He gets set up by HS and Burrows a lot obviously, but watching him play - he isn't that drive to the net dirty-area player. He really is more of a playmaker than a shooter and rebound collector.

Now having 2 playmakers on the same line who can also score (they can do both, just better at playmaking as opposed to shooting) is great... but they need to diversify a bit. New linemates will do wonders for their game.

They can each carry a line, and it gives us 2 unbelievable threats - none more dangerous than the other. The helicopter line no more:

Burrows, HS, Kassian

DS, Kesler, Booth

That looks dangerous to me - Solid duos: Burrows and HS / DS and Kesler

Come to think of it - has it even been tried? DS with Kesler? For all of AVs line juggling that we have seen, I'm surprised it hasn't.

Secondly: Schroeder and the other young prospects will probably be on the 3rd line. Sure, I hope he can crack the top-6 just like anybody, but realistically he will hone his 2-way game on the 3rd for at least another season.

Hells bells, the book has been out on the sedins for a few years now, hence the decline. They need to reinvent themselves and part of that might include getting them off the teat and putting them on separate lines.

If they are truly elite players, splitting them up will only benefit the team and make it more difficult for opposing teams to shut us down.

Hells bells, the book has been out on the sedins for a few years now, hence the decline. They need to reinvent themselves and part of that might include getting them off the teat and putting them on separate lines.

If they are truly elite players, splitting them up will only benefit the team and make it more difficult for opposing teams to shut us down.

Any "decline" on their part has more to do with the rules changing and clutching and grabbing snaking it's way back in to the game than any other factor.

The "book" was out on them when they were winning scoring titles too. It just so happens that the rules hadn't started regressing back to "clutch and grab". They were practically untouchable. The only way to stop a Sedin is to basically pin them against the boards and hold them there and do the same to his brother so even if the first does dish the puck, the other isn't free to get it. A few years ago that was known as "interference" ;)

What I said is that the Sedin's problem is that they are a one trick pony when on the ice together and the entire league now has them figured out.

I also said that perceived rule changes are every players problem so I'm not sure what kind of corner you are trying to pigeon hole me into here.

The real (and obvious) question here is: would it make the forward group better? Would it provide us with 2 lines of good scoring or would it just balance things out to the point where we ultimately score the same number of goals as before?

The good side I can see this happening with would be the potential to try and awaken Booth from his injury ridden nightmares. Henrik feeding him might be beneficial, but it might also backfire. Henrik and Daniel have undisputed chemistry and breaking that up could prove harmful.

I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel and Henrik agreed to it. They're evidently team players. It's a risk that could be potentially taken if scoring is not happening; however, it's not something I would like to see if we're doing alright in the scoring department.

Dank points per season last 4 yrs 85/104/67/40

Hank 94/112/81/45

They peaked and are on the decline. The rest of the league have them figured. Changing it up might be the way to go as neither player is really a goal scorer by nature and it would spread the scoring over 2 lines. It would also throw a curveball at the opposing teams. Reunite them for the pp when they have all the room to do their one magic trick and actually produce.

Where is the flaw?

BTW, there are 2 reasons why they each have an Art ross.

1: Crosby was injured

2: Just like the nux won the pres trophy by being in the craptiest division, so too did the twins benefit by playing the weakest teams and were able to pad there stats for a few years by "beasting" on the likes of edmonton/calgary/colorado and minnesota.

Not hating, just saying.

Archived