The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

With only 2 Playmaking Top-6 skaters, Should Sedins be split?

canucksnihilist

With only 2 Playmaking Top-6 skaters, Should Sedins be split?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes and no. It would affect other teams game plans which is to shut down the twins. And Henrik has proven time and again he can play without Daniel as evidenced by an MVP and scoring trophy.

But keeping them together we have one of the top 1st lines in the league. But again we have Schroeder we have Gaunce and we have Horvat and Richardson who can all effectively be the playmaking winger/center for the 2nd line.

I think it is something that should be considered depending on the team opposing us and the scenario we are in, offensive defensive starts etc.

Honestly, the effect splitting them would have mid game on other teams' game plans would seriously throw other teams off their games

Hells bells, the book has been out on the sedins for a few years now, hence the decline. They need to reinvent themselves and part of that might include getting them off the teat and putting them on separate lines.

If they are truly elite players, splitting them up will only benefit the team and make it more difficult for opposing teams to shut us down.

If Danny doesn't regain his scoring touch I think it's worth a try. If his goals suffer, then maybe he would be more adept as the distributor to a shooter like Kes and Booth.

Burrows playmaking is overshadowed by the twins, many of the tick tack toe plays come from filthy Burr feeds. If he plays with Kes, the 2 are more than capable of creating a balanced line.

Hells bells, the book has been out on the sedins for a few years now, hence the decline. They need to reinvent themselves and part of that might include getting them off the teat and putting them on separate lines.

If they are truly elite players, splitting them up will only benefit the team and make it more difficult for opposing teams to shut us down.

Schroeder is a playmaker, he has to be on the Canucks roster and can't be sent to Utica unless he clears waiver. I think he should be on Kesler's line setting Kesler up and Burrows on the LW. Kassian with the Sedins, if that doesn't work I would like to see Hansen and drop Kass to the 3rd so he can get better from there.

Only at times. They do some crazy things when they play together

i remember when daniel came back for game 4 vs kings 2012 playoffs

Sedins reunited felt like we had the advantage,they were looking pretty solid out there

only if he was healthy at the beggining of the series

we would of won imo

Archived