The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Reviewing Weise's Hit / Kassian's High Stick

Drouin

I still don't get why they go by outcome and not intent. I used to like Shannahan but I can't stand this guy anymore.

Now Kass won't even be in the lineup next time we play the Oil.

I hope Torts dresses a tough lineup that night just to stick it to them.

Higgins-Gaunce-Hansen

Sestito-Richardson-Weise

Damn we need some tougher players... Sestito and Weise suck at fighting..

So...being careless with the stick resulting in injury is 5 games now. Can't wait to see a deliberate attempt to injure is, if that's what Eager / MacIntyre are going to attempt on Oct 5th.

Here I thought Weise's hit (attempt) was more deliberate as he started to leave his feet when he went to hit Hall.

The NHL is clearly a two tiered league. One tier is reserved for the stars and the other tier for the remaining 85%. The stars seem to be able to do whatever they want and receive very little, if nothing at all.

It would be one thing if the disciplinary board was in any way consistent, but clearly they aren't. When players like Shea Weber can grab Henrik Zetterberg and chuck his head into the glass, the league suffers. Hockey suffers. Weber should have been suspended 10 games on principle alone. Such a vulgar display of aggression that falls waaay out of the realm of the game is unacceptable and sends a clear message to kids learning the game.

Kassian made a stupid mistake and was reckless with his stick. There was zero intent on hurting Gagner. Sadly though, Gagner will be getting to know the finer points of eating meals through a straw. However we know how intentionally reckless that puke Taylor Hall was with his stick on Zybnek Michalek. Hall is a star though and operates with impunity.

Same goes for Phil Kessel. He could have skated away from John Scott (although Scott and any other goon should be ejected from a game if they attack a non combatant), but instead he repeatedly slashed Scott in the leg, even after Scott had more Leafs on him. Is Kessel being given a hearing? Will he be suspended for over five games for intentionally using a hockey stick as a weapon?

This attitude will cause further injuries, and may eventually lead to one that a player may not be able to skate or walk away from. It's time that the league draws a line and punishes ANYONE who crosses it, regardless of their status in the league

So...being careless with the stick resulting in injury is 5 games now. Can't wait to see a deliberate attempt to injure is, if that's what Eager / MacIntyre are going to attempt on Oct 5th.

Here I thought Weise's hit (attempt) was more deliberate as he started to leave his feet when he went to hit Hall.

The NHL is clearly a two tiered league. One tier is reserved for the stars and the other tier for the remaining 85%. The stars seem to be able to do whatever they want and receive very little, if nothing at all.

It would be one thing if the disciplinary board was in any way consistent, but clearly they aren't. When players like Shea Weber can grab Henrik Zetterberg and chuck his head into the glass, the league suffers. Hockey suffers. Weber should have been suspended 10 games on principle alone. Such a vulgar display of aggression that falls waaay out of the realm of the game is unacceptable and sends a clear message to kids learning the game.

Kassian made a stupid mistake and was reckless with his stick. There was zero intent on hurting Gagner. Sadly though, Gagner will be getting to know the finer points of eating meals through a straw. However we know how intentionally reckless that puke Taylor Hall was with his stick on Zybnek Michalek. Hall is a star though and operates with impunity.

Same goes for Phil Kessel. He could have skated away from John Scott (although Scott and any other goon should be ejected from a game if they attack a non combatant), but instead he repeatedly slashed Scott in the leg, even after Scott had more Leafs on him. Is Kessel being given a hearing? Will he be suspended for over five games for intentionally using a hockey stick as a weapon?

This attitude will cause further injuries, and may eventually lead to one that a player may not be able to skate or walk away from. It's time that the league draws a line and punishes ANYONE who crosses it, regardless of their status in the league

Okay buddy, keep on with whatever you believe lol. I don't know anyone who would spend that much money and be an 'oilers fan'

It's just so disgustingly hypocritical that weise did lead with his shoulder towards the head, yet you continue to say it was clean. Hall is not a 'weasel.' He's going to be the best left winger in the NHL soon, or at least a top three one. Weise is for sure a good tough guy, and I really like weise as a player. I think he's a good grit guy for our team. Just continue on with your accusations though, because it's going to help you make yourself feel better for attacking me and speaking for me.

I don't care that you don't care. I didn't need to ask. Your pathetic post proved it all. Funny how you can't handle the cold, hard truth.

Considering the garbage you wrote making excuses for what Kessel did, yeah, your logic is in question here. Cute how you tried to backtrack.

What Kessel did was clearly intentional and deserves a suspension, regardless if no one was hurt.

Archived