The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Motorcyclist charged after video catches violent swarming of family on NYC highway

-Vintage Canuck-

I don't disagree about calling the police. Calling for help is necessary, but he can't just call and then wait around for help to arrive either.

Really, 50+ outlaws who otherwise seem to have no regard for the law are going just peacefully stand down when they see a few police? Yeah, don't think so.

Edit: I realize we've both been thinking hypothetically and I have been making some straw man arguments. For that, I apologize.

No worries

Source?

I am refering to the entire incident. If she had called police there is a chance they could have intercepted the convoy in time and saved him a beating. By no means am I saying he should have stopped so you didn't need to go all Chuck Norris and stuff.

There's several motorcycles in front of you slowing down, and eventually stopping. Still going to gun it even though at this stage they have done nothing to harm or threaten you?

EDIT: I found one FB page Jusitce for mr Lien also

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForAlexianLienNow

Hey guys, I found this Facebook page "Justice for Meezee".

https://www.facebook...411664345601619

A page for one of the clowns that was hit by the the SUV.

When I was looking at this

What a joke....Clown shouldn't have even been on the damn road to begin with

Famous celebrity lawyer, Gloria Allred, has been hired by the man injured in the SUV incident.

Let the circus begin as I suspect the case will be far from over.

Pretty soon, the driver, Mr. Lien, will be portrayed as a monster for paralyzing a man who has a halo on his head. You watch as the lawyers spin the tale their way.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/02/20783272-biker-injured-in-nyc-clash-with-suv-hires-celebrity-attorney-gloria-allred

For the Silverado gang Gooseberries mentioned, I think you should invite me and Colon with our Fords into this gang. Aside from being the superior trucks :P the more numbers the better. The eco boost engine will come in handy when there are six bikers underneath being dragged across the freeway.

We can be the convoy from hell

alright so its settled. the Silverado gang has now folded to make room for the full size truck gang (no nissans).

we will drive on sidewalks, run red lights, drive 5 wide and 10 deep. most importantly if we see a guy on a motorcycle we will swarm and harass them.

HEREHERE

Should the guy in the SUV have gunned it? No.

Were they leaving him any outs? No.

I don't agree with running people down ... I almost lost my brother in an incident where someone intentionally did so (as a pedestrian). But these clowns were riding really dangerously to begin with...all over the road, not paying attention...some looked like horrible riders to begin with.

I don't know that the SUV driver meant to run OVER anyone...I believe he was just trying to get the hell away from these guys. Their actions weren't just those of guys "out for a ride"....they were honed in on this guy in an intimidating way.

Not in support of using a vehicle as a weapon, but these bikers certainly didn't appear to have an innocent agenda. With them turning their attention to the SUV, NOT the road, they weren't leaving many outs.

I wonder how this would be perceived if he was alone in the car and couldn't plead the....protecting my family case.....hypothetically, would he be getting roasted right now? the actions of the bikers haven't changed.

That was the only thing for me that truly justified extreme actions...when kids are involved, it's no holds barred. The fact that there was a child in the car really influenced how I felt here....

That was the only thing for me that truly justified extreme actions...when kids are involved, it's no holds barred. The fact that there was a child in the car really influenced how I felt here....

Really eh? That's interesting. It definitely added to the emotion for me but I feel he was justified in fearing for his life(as we saw at the end if the video) regardless of who was with him.

Yup. I even used to have bikes. The number 1 rule of biking? Respect that you're smaller.

Absolutely, I use that rule with any vehicle on the road. I'm driving a car? I keep an extra special eye out for large trucks, SUVs, cube vans, semis, etc. in case I need to get out of their way if they do something stupid or have an emergency. One of those little twofours or a motorcycle? Not as much apart from the regular due care and attention I have when driving.

he should have invested in run flat tires, and perhaps bullet proof windows and kept mowing them down when there are a traffic jam.

EDIT: Hudson's been conspicuous in his absence for awhile now.

so you would just sit in the car and wait for the gang to smash your windows and drag you out if you are just by yourself?

It was pretty obvious that the gang was looking for trouble and they deliberately bump into the SUV so they can extort money from the driver. It was almost human nature for someone to try to get away from the scene when you feel your life is threaten by thugs with or without kids in your car.

Sorry but if I'm on a bike and see one of my friends get hit I'm chasing the the guy who hit my friend.

Did anybody not see that one of the bikers is in critical condition in the hospital? I don't like bikers but the driver of the range rover was negligent.

Lol here's PC, a guy who has a completely opposite logic and common sense than other normal human being.

Sure, chase and beat up the guy who hit your friend after he failed to threaten and rob the SUV driver~

Archived