The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks Injury Thread [UPDATED]

TheMohammadman

Pin after editing the title :) haven't seen an update on Burrows for a while.

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks20 Oct

Torts on Schroeder: "He aggravated his ankle on what looked like a nothing play last night. We're sending him home to get evaluated."

Doesn't look good...

Dan Murphy @sportsnetmurph

saw #canucks Jordan Schroeder on crutches this morning. No official word on injury. Tough luck after just coming back from broken foot.

8:41 AM - 20 Oct 2013

Broken foot?

It was actually his shoulder.

Sounds like he could be getting close to suiting up for the Comets.

I'm guessing they'll see how he does and go from there. We could really use a wild card player like him stepping up at some point this season.

I'm tired of the revolving third line center story. Fill the spot already. I know it's not that easy, but really, its been too long for such an important position to be left in limbo.

If only we could find someone impervious to injury... :rolleyes:

I expected this response. I gather players get injured. But I don't consider Schroeder a legit third line center on a playoff prepared team. Injured or not.

How do u know? Doesn't he have to actually play before u know his potential? What is the basis of your assertion?

We could always get rid of him and have another team get a (potentially) quality player... Should we just give up on him before we know what we've got?

From what I've seen he looks to have a lot of upside

‘There’s discomfort there’: Canucks’ Schroeder sent back to Vancouver with injured foot

“Let’s just say his pain is in the same place it was, or has been, with his last injury,” Schroeder’s agent, Neil Sheehy, told the Metro Vancouver newspaper on Monday.

“How severe it is, I don’t know. But obviously it’s worse than when they (the Canucks) decided to clear him to play. Something’s happened between the time he was cleared to play and when he was playing.

“There’s discomfort there. Exactly what it is – is it re-broken? – I don’t know. That’s why they’re going to do the tests.”

That hurt me watching it. Awkwardly in to boards at full speed... :(

Hope it's nothing TOO serious but jebus that didn't look good.

I'm really really hoping for a broken arm/wrist/bone of some kind. I am really hoping it's not a muscle/tendon issue.

Archived