The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[WAIVERS] Ryan Whitney

Franz Liszt

Weird, it wasn't long ago he was doing well. What happened to the guy?

Injuries + a really unfriendly personally would only carry you so far.

I still believe his 59 points season was because of Crosby and malkin instead of him. After that he had been milking that seasons for years. The injuries he suffered didnt help.

In his last season with the oilers, he publicly said that one of his teammate should haave sit instead if him when he's playing bad.

He can still be a decent 6/7 guy if he wants. But like a lot of the former star players in sport, they probably have too much pride to accept the fact they are being spoon fed with top mins anymore

Just wondering....?

Maybe the Oilers could move Smid because they know they will be one of the first in line to grab Whitney?

Probably not because he wore out his welcome there but you never know.

He was a cancer in the oilers' locker room. Don't think the oiler wants him back

The other day, Ryan Whitney dissed the entire team:

“I’d say 90 percent of the guys in the league want nothing to do with seeing them win,” Whitney said a few hours before Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals. “There’s no doubting their team’s pretty amazing. But who makes up that team makes them so tough to like that it’s frustrating to see them doing this well.”

“I’d say 90 percent of the guys in the league want nothing to do with seeing them win,” Whitney said a few hours before Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals. “There’s no doubting their team’s pretty amazing. But who makes up that team makes them so tough to like that it’s frustrating to see them doing this well.”

Yea I remember that.

Whatever he's a useless piece of trash now. Waived. Dont let the door hit u on your way out u redneck.

He was so good a couple seasons ago. I guess injuries have caught up to him. No thanks.

His situation reminds me of Ballard. His game took a hit from the injuries, and he never found it again.

Only Whitney has fallen even farther - right out of the league.

What a wanker. I highly doubt the Canucks are still as hated as he claims. Lapierre and Torres are gone. I'd go as far to say that Toronto may take the throne for most hated considering how dirty they are. And how overrated they are too.

Any athlete takes a step back after suffering a serious ankle injury.. Even moreso in hockey. Balance is most critical for your ankles simply because of the nature of the game and how ice-skates are designed.

Guy used to be a decent skater for his size, now he's exposed any time faster and more agile forwards can force him to turn on his right ankle.

It's just too bad, but unfortunately there's really not much Whit can do about it..

Part of me wants MG to pick Whitney up because Whitney used to be a solid d-man and may be able to help out our PP.

However, the other part of me wants to know how he didn't make the Oilers D (Oilers D is probably one of the weakest in the NHL)...and ended up in St. Louis. And now St. Louis doesn't want him, which is more understandable because their defence is quite strong.

Didn't Pitt trade Whitney to Dallas for James Neal once? If so, wow, did Dallas lose that deal.

What a wanker. I highly doubt the Canucks are still as hated as he claims. Lapierre and Torres are gone. I'd go as far to say that Toronto may take the throne for most hated considering how dirty they are. And how overrated they are too.

Where do I begin with this. Vancouver is more overrated than Toronto.

Torres wasn't a problem, he scared other teams beyond belief.

Lapierre was a prima donna and Burrows still is. Add Kesler to that mix.

The rest of the team is pretty good now, but the Canucks rank right up there as a hated team still.

Archived