The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So what does the past road trip tell us?

Noseforthenet

So as we look at the results from the last road trip, I hope to God that this was used as a barometer for how good we actually are. Each one of the 3 California teams have a very likely chance to win it all this season. How did we do? 2 of a possible 6 points and the Sedins were shut right down. And the one win, we caught San Jose when they were struggling. Does MG have the cahones to pull off a trade to make this team better or are we just accepting that this year just ain't gonna work?I would dare say that one of those 3 teams win the cup this year. No doubt. I mean, this team is definitely good. Just not good enough. And secondary scoring was a factor in 1 of the games. The sky isn't falling, but I hope the writing is on the wall for the Canucks brass!

LAK have Vancouver's number. They're bigger and far more talented down the middle where it counts. It's GMMG's job over the next few months to find a way to bring in another C and an offensive threat to equip Vancouver to have a chance against LA in a 7 game series. This is a damn good Kings team, if we are aiming for a cup we better plan on facing them in the playoffs.

luongo has not been elite at all this year hes letting a average of 2-3 goals a game... if this teams going to win a cup luongo has to improve his numbers

no one will ever accuse me of being a Luongo fan, but his numbers aren't indicative of his play this season. He hasn't been lights out, but his battle level is much improved this season and he's been coming up with saves when he needs to (minus the Kings game)

Right now, 11 wins, 9 losses, 54 goals for, 54 goals against. Middle of the pack, anyone really surprised by that? This trip has not shown anything that every one didn't already know. And if the answer is: MG has to get a dominant center and an offensive threat, then you don't live in the real world.

no one will ever accuse me of being a Luongo fan, but his numbers aren't indicative of his play this season. He hasn't been lights out, but his battle level is much improved this season and he's been coming up with saves when he needs to (minus the Kings game)

This is my thought as well

That we could have come out of there 4-0 lol.

Lost in Phoenix where we blew a few shootout chances, etc.

Won in San jose.

Could have been 5-0 after the first period had it not been for Quick in L.A.

Outshot the ducks 35-15 or something.

Glimpses, but no results.

In Phoenix, it was a good game. Canucks hit a couple of posts in the shootout, and you can't really be mad when you lose in a shootout. Sedin's shootout attempts are a little horrid though.

In San Jose, we played a good game. Nice win. It was pretty crazy back and forth.

In LA, Quick shut the door on a flurry of shots when the Canucks dominated the 1st, then the team answered the bell for him. Quick played extremely well.

In Anaheim, it was another one where their new up and coming goaltender star rose to the occasion. Canucks did play well though.

It's obviously become apparent that secondary scoring is very needed. The emergence of the Santorelli line has been a plus, but they seem to find it difficult to bury chances. A lot of robberies against that line.

I also thought Luongo played well on the road trip. The LA game wasn't him at all.

The answer... Canucks are not good enough to make a serious challenge in the West. The team is mediocre at best, maybe enough to make the playoffs but certainly far from contenders.

I see that the team has outchanced and outshot the opposition many times, but as usual they make the other goalie look like a bonafide all-star, even the backups. The problem is a lack of finish, and capitalizing on the abundance of scoring chances. Not much offensive skill around.

Need a sniper. I have been saying this for years and MG never gets anything done.

That Kings game was a defensive gong show, worst I have seen in years. Lu probably should have had the 1st one I think maybe 2nd too, probably not his sharpest game but not crap by any means. Prior Sat Lu has had a GAA of about 2, hasn't let in more than 2 since the Islanders game which is pretty good

That Kings game was a defensive gong show, worst I have seen in years. Lu probably should have had the 1st one I think maybe 2nd too, probably not his sharpest game but not crap by any means. Prior Sat Lu has had a GAA of about 2, hasn't let in more than 2 since the Islanders game which is pretty good

I thought he was very good against LA. However, the difference in the game is Quick made a few spectacular saves that Luongo didn't, granted they were grade A chances. But, Quick made them and that was the difference.

So as we look at the results from the last road trip, I hope to God that this was used as a barometer for how good we actually are. Each one of the 3 California teams have a very likely chance to win it all this season. How did we do? 2 of a possible 6 points and the Sedins were shut right down. And the one win, we caught San Jose when they were struggling. Does MG have the cahones to pull off a trade to make this team better or are we just accepting that this year just ain't gonna work?I would dare say that one of those 3 teams win the cup this year. No doubt. I mean, this team is definitely good. Just not good enough. And secondary scoring was a factor in 1 of the games. The sky isn't falling, but I hope the writing is on the wall for the Canucks brass!

You'll get locked for saying that...

I want us to finish 8th in the west. Getting either the 15th or 16th pick if we lose before conference finals would be awesome.

If we can get a decent first rounder this year and next year, we could be set too have a solid team in 4 years.

The draft isn't looking very deep this year though. If you look at the standings now, since we are currently tied for 8th (with St.Louis having 5 games in hand, Minny having 2) it's not unreasonable to think we may finish around this spot, while finishing 4th in the div. At seasons end we should be able to be on top of Minnesota in the standings (I hope), but not really holding my breath for a GREAT 1st rounder this year.

I think we should have won the Phoenix game in regulation...Against LA ,the Kings reminded me of the Bruins against the Canucks in 2011...One thing that caught my eye was the Kings ability to rush the crease area and cause all sorts of confusion for our defense..Canucks were not in the dirty areas half as much as the Kings..It could have been a good game and it was fairly even,then the game instantly capsized .......I thought Anaheim could have been had,but I think some of our marquee players were anonymous....All in all,the road trip tells me that these Pacific teams can be beaten (a few weeks ago SJS looked unbeatable)...it's a long season..I don't see us catching LA or SJ in the standings,but hopefully we can nip at their heels..

Archived