The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Anime Shows/Movies Tournament [CLOSED]

Alchemy Time

Teams have been translating Korean manhwa webtoons into English lately, and there's a lot more popularity than there used to be. Check out "The Friendly Winter" and "Girls the Wild". Both really funny, one of them is tear-jerking.

Mangafox, Mangareader, and Mangastream. Free and no viruses but there are ads. Adblock plus is your friend.

Mangastream is the best quality but has a limited selection.

Mangafox and Mangareader are pretty similar on terms of number of different titles (they each have some that the other doesn't) but Mangafox is better at accurate chapter numbering and uploading omakes(extra chapters and bonus material).

I haven't bought a volume in years.

Posting on CDC just saved me thousands of dollars in entertainment.

Thank you.

The sites you mentioned are weird in that you actually have to change the page for each image. It makes for a really slow read, especially for a guy like Chillis who looks like he's gonna plow through different manga.

Check out KissManga. They just load up the full chapter onto one long page. What irritates me is the above-mentioned sites take the manhwa webtoons (which was originally one long page per chapter) and they snip it up into 20 different images. Absolutely stupid, because those webtoons never had paper pages to begin with.

Cowboy Bebop:

real classic showing "not so far" fiction that can be made on a "medium term future". I like this Anime because the caracters have unique behaviours, they act diferently and the scenes were well made.

I think this anime deserve a sequence, I saw on internet that they´re planing to make a "live action" movie. Really, this is a must see anime....

Gundam Wing:

ok, I like Gundams and I enjoyed the Wing series, Heero is a douchebag showing how badass he is but if he´s a "super soldier" he should not react diferently on diferent situations. a war machine is always a war machine...

The OVA is great and the concept they used is awesome, huge space colonies being droped from earth´s orbit causing caos and destruction. this shows what can happen on our future...

Gundam 00:

interesting sequence with "alliances" involving basically Today´s alliances (Russia, China, India), (USA, Canada and South America) and European Union/Africa. showing the middle east devastated due to no fossil fuels to export so the region became the "new Africa"

The "main guy" (Setsuna) actually came from a real place (Dagestan) so you may imagine he´s Russian and aparently he is since Dagestan is a federal distric of Russia. Setsuna is wierd but at least he´s a real super soldier (a Russian super-soldier)

the tecnology showed on this franchise is good, huge solar generators instead consuming rocket engines. maybe this can be our future (solar generators)

Gundam Unicorn:

the amount of details of this Anime are simply amazing, you can see how a Gundam is supposed to work, how´s the cockpit, what move them, how Pilots "fly" these giant monsters. the battles are intense and the tecnology showed can be achieved in 1 or 2 centuries...

BUT the "main guy" (Banager Links) is a crying moron who can´t fight without showing his emotions (his gundam should be the "Emo gundam"), so the bad guy (Red Comet) is much more interesting and sarcastic and sometimes you support the bad guy because he´s better, smarter, stronger and doesn´t show emotions when figthing...

Teams have been translating Korean manhwa webtoons into English lately, and there's a lot more popularity than there used to be. Check out "The Friendly Winter" and "Girls the Wild". Both really funny, one of them is tear-jerking.

The sites you mentioned are weird in that you actually have to change the page for each image. It makes for a really slow read, especially for a guy like Chillis who looks like he's gonna plow through different manga.

Check out KissManga. They just load up the full chapter onto one long page. What irritates me is the above-mentioned sites take the manhwa webtoons (which was originally one long page per chapter) and they snip it up into 20 different images. Absolutely stupid, because those webtoons never had paper pages to begin with.

I have also added that to my bookmarks. But yes I admit the scrolling is a nice luxury. And I fully intend on plowing when I have the time. Thank you for the extra link

Archived