The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks Lose 3-2 in Shootout

Brad Bellick^

so every player we've ever had is a wannabe then? because we've never won the cup

pls go

Please bring back the minus. :picard:

No...every player we've had is not a wannabe.

Luongo is not a wannabe.

McLean wasn't a wannabe.

Linden wasn't a wannabe.

Bure wasn't a wannabe.

Snepts wasn't a wannabe.

Brodeur wasn't a wannabe.

Shall I go on?

Both of those teams haven't lost 5 straight and both are currently in playoff spots.............us.............not so much

Chicago is 6 points ahead of us with 1 game in hand they could lose 4 games and the Canucks could win 3 games and they would be tied with the same amount of points see how that works

don't worry i will keep posting this until it seeks in for you folks it's not as bleak as people like to think your acting as the team is 14th in the West right now

Chicago is 6 points ahead of us with 1 game in hand they could lose 4 games and the Canucks could win 3 games and they would be tied with the same amount of points see how that works

you rip on me for making assumptions, and now you assume this will happen. lol stop talking now

I agree with Torts 100%,

We sucked tonight almost as if we were going easy on them.

IMG_0792_normal.JPGFarhan Lalji@FarhanLaljiTSN6m

Torts post-game: "We sucked... Easily our worst game of the year... We didn't deserve a point." Blamed a "lack of respect" for Fla #Canucks

seems to be alot of that even dating back to when we were elite.

I think your going a little overboard now in protecting the Canucks. I think you need to be more realistic now, we just lost to the 4th worst team in the leauge, although they are playing pretty well.... we just lost 5 straight games, the previous 4 games were all to divisional rivals. If that's not concerning to you I don't know what is. In other words, we just lost 4 huge games, the last 2 games were teams that are outside the playoffs, and we couldn't beat them. Tonight was our worst game out of the 5 straight loss, you think we come into this game crashing skating and banging hard and playing with their lives on their line, but tonight they were just quite terrible.

you rip on me for making assumptions, and now you assume this will happen. lol stop talking now

your claiming the Canucks won't make the playoffs i am giving a hypothetical situation on how the Canucks could be tied with Chicago in 4 games played by them and 3 games played by Canucks big difference learn to read pal

You don't even know what the hell you're talking about. Or you were too young to remember. If Bure or Mogilny had a breakway, the puck would almost always end up in the back of the net.

Big Uncle I beg to differ. I have been watching since the 70s. Look at Bure's shooting percentage it was hig some years and very low in others.. It was not that great. He had tons of opportunities and missed a lot. He had tons of shots, got his goals based on his quantity of chances. Perhaps you are basing your comments on highlight packages. They tend to show the goals.

Sedins and Kesler need to be better same goes with Edler Garrison Hamhuis and Bieksa ya Bieksa put up some points the last few games and plus/minus is good but he makes a lot of dumb mistakes and giveaways

still behind this team no matter what happens and not going to panic and get upset over the playoffs until they are mathematically out of the playoffs

i don't expect cheerleaders on this board but if you are going to just post

Choke Fail Hamhuselss Kessler Sisters so on and so on why are you watching the Canucks and why are you even on this board

Feel the same way. The entire team needs to be better. We've seen what they CAN do this season and that's what's frustrating. We're by no means out of the playoffs just because we are where we see at the moment. So why the $&%# would I panic when we have a chance?

The fact that this team is underperforming the way they are is unacceptable and Torts needs to do something different ASAP.

The negativity on this board is beyond amazing. Makes me REALLY question the culture here. If you say anything remotely positive or look at the positive, you're the problem!

This team's gotta right this ship, because they're not as bad as what we're seeing. Period!

They're playing like a team that has no identity. They want to be a Torts team, with a crushing fore check but they're not built for it. If the Sedins are going to play 23 minutes per game, you will never have a dominant fore check.

As for being harder to play against...the Florida announcers were frequently commenting on how little physical presence the Nucks have...allowing the Panthers to stand around in front of the net and get to pucks.

So if the Nucks aren't 1) a physical team (they're not even close) 2) a tenacious checking team 3) an offensively talented team 4) a defensive "shut-down" team...what are they?

Archived