The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blue Jackets @ Canucks - Friday 7PM

Alex the Great

The game is won. No need to block shots like crazy now. I seriously doubt Lu cares about that one either.

Hank's got two goals, how about that?

No need to block shots but to me since the Kings game defense just collapsing down low or too one side leaving point men or other guys open. I still think defense needs to be better

No need to block shots but to me since the Kings game defense just collapsing down low or too one side leaving point men or other guys open. I still think defense needs to be better

I agree. D zone coverage and break-outs are a weak point and against better teams, will get exploited.

I agree. D zone coverage and break-outs are a weak point and against better teams, will get exploited.

I think their positioning for the most part is much better. They're constantly blocking lanes so that shots don't get through. That's why they've been allowing so few shots against this season.

What they need to do is cut out the breakdowns that always seem to end up in the back of our net. If they can cut out that one bad goal that we seem to be having every game, we'll have a much better chance of winning.

I think their positioning for the most part is much better. They're constantly blocking lanes so that shots don't get through. That's why they've been allowing so few shots against this season.

What they need to do is cut out the breakdowns that always seem to end up in the back of our net. If they can cut out that one bad goal that we seem to be having every game, we'll have a much better chance of winning.

They definitely are cutting down the shots against this year. Perhaps that's why the breakdowns, when they happen, are more glaring. I'm still not impressed with their breakouts though. They really seem to be slow to move the puck and appear vulnerable to a good fore-check. Turning over the puck as often as they did tonight in their own zone against Chicago will see them burned.

Archived