Canucks Community

[GDT] Blue Jackets @ Canucks - Friday 7PM

Alex the Great

nov_22.jpg

Lines at practice on Thursday :

Daniel - Santorelli - Kesler

Higgins - Henrik - Hansen

Burrows - Richardson - Kassian

Wanted to get an early discussion going, hoping the boys will snap the streak!

Prediction : 3-1 Canucks!

:towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:

BLUE JACKETS (8-11-3) at CANUCKS (11-8-4)

TV: FS-O, SNET-P

Last 10: Columbus 3-4-3; Vancouver 3-4-3

Season series: This is the second and final meeting between the Columbus Blue Jackets and Vancouver Canucks. Curtis McElhinney made 37 saves in the Blue Jackets' 3-1 win at Nationwide Arena on Oct. 20.

Big story: The Canucks are looking for some offense, having scored six goals during a five-game losing streak that represents their longest stretch without a victory since an eight-game skid in January 2009.

Team Scope:

Blue Jackets: One night after a dismal performance in a 7-0 loss to the Edmonton Oilers, Columbus rebounded with a 2-1 overtime win against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday. Nikita Nikitin's first goal of the season was the game-winner.

"The great thing about sports is you always get a chance to prove yourself. Coming off [Tuesday] night, sometimes as a coach you're not sure what you're going to get. I'm real happy the way the guys stepped up tonight," coach Todd Richards said.

Columbus is 2-1-0 on a five-game Canadian road trip that ends Monday against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Canucks: Vancouver begins the second half of a six-game homestand looking for its first win after losses to the San Jose Sharks, Dallas Stars and Florida Panthers. The Canucks were outplayed in the first period of their 3-2 shootout loss to the Panthers on Tuesday and it cost them, according to coach John Tortorella.

"It was easily our worst game of the year. We didn't deserve a point. I just don't know what we're thinking as far as how we started the game," Tortorella said. "If it isn't for [Roberto Luongo], we are down, 3-0, 4-0. I can't explain it."

Luongo allowed the lone shootout goal to Jonathan Huberdeau on the Panthers' first attempt. The Canucks are now 1-3 in the tiebreaker this season.

"I gotta make a save on the first one there. I knew that was one of his moves and I ended up biting anyway, so I've got to do better than that," Luongo said

Who's hot: RJ Umberger has recorded a point in three of the past four games (two goals, one assist) for the Blue Jackets. … Luongo is 0-1-2 during the homestand but has allowed two goals in each game and posted a .933 save percentage.

Injury report: Already without the services of five players on injured reserve -- Nathan Horton (shoulder), Cody Bass (thumb), Matt Calvert (abdomen), Marian Gaborik (knee) and Dalton Prout (back) -- the Blue Jackets will be without their second-leading scorer, Brandon Dubinsky, who injured his foot in Tuesday's loss. … Forwards Jordan Schroeder (ankle) and Dale Weise (lower body) are on IR for the Canucks.

TEAM STATS

I feel like we are the only team who historically has troubles scoring against the Blue Jackets. Kinda sad.

Not really, we've scored more then them the last few years and have a winning record. Just lost the first one this season and the short season last year were closer games.

You can check team vs team stats at http://canucks.nhl.c.../teamvsteam.htm

2009-2010

Record: 3-1-0

Goals: 18 - 14

2010-2011

Record: 4-0-0

Goals: 16 - 7

2011-2012

Record: 3-0-1

Goals: 12 - 8

2012-2013

Record: 2-0-1

Goals: 4 - 3

Lets go nucks!

i got tired of reading all the b!tching and complaining and armchair GM'ing in the past couple of days (not everyone, but it seems like 90% of it was just garbage) i took a CDC time out. New game, new thread, lets keep it on the up and up and let's have a bounce back game, at the very least get back to playing 60 minutes. Last game was blah.. thank god I could watch Sons of Anarchy after that poor showing.. could go to bed with something good on my mind. Is Connor gonna rat Jax to the Irish kings??? Best line of the show, Clay: where are the irish? Jax: In ireland. ha ha

And is this not the coolest name in the NHL? Nikita Nikitin.

Archived