The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Video Game Franchise Tournament - Sonic Division

Master Mind

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Time for our next division.

My Picks:

100px-0,371,0,370-Kirby_Kirby%27s_Return_to_Dream_Land.png

Kirby. I know Sonic will win, but I'm going with Kirby because I think there are more good Kirby games than there are Sonic games. Sonic hasn't made a great game in a long time, whereas Kirby continues to make good games. And I think Kirby's avalanche is the best puzzle game ever.

971365_137909_thumb.jpg

Duke Nukem. "Hail to the King Baby." Duke Nukem is one of the greatest characters in gaming, no one comes close to his personality. Duke also helped revolutionize the FPS genre, and I'd say that Duke Nukem 3D is one of the best FPS games ever made.

100px-0,783,0,783-Mega_Man_X.jpg

Mega Man. There are too many great games from this franchise to count. Simply the best of its genre.

100px-0,405,0,405-Deus_Ex_Cover.jpg

Deus Ex. The Syphon Filter games are good, but the Deus Ex games are perfect. Deus Ex is the only franchise I've played where I felt each game was perfect. No average or disappointing games, only greatness. The amount of freedom you get in these games in incredible. Why buy something at a shop, when I can just knock the guy out? You really have to play them to appreciate everything these games bring.

I haven't played much of any of these series, but I've played one Sonic game, and one Kirby game. My brother had a Crash Banidicoot game.

I voted for Sonic, Crash, Mega man, and Deus Ex. The last two were voted for just because I've heard of them more.

Duke Nukem forever essentially ruined the franchise for me.

Duke 3D will always be one of the best FPS of all time though.

That would be like saying the Mario and Sonic at the Olympics games ruined the Mario and Sonic franchises.

I don't think it's fair to think a series is ruined because of one game.

The first game is on PC, and I think PS2. Second game is on PC and XBOX. Third game is on PC, PS3, and XBOX 360.

Start with either 1 or 3 though, since 2 makes no sense without playing 1.

looks likeni need myself a ps2 then. hey have you guys checked oit the retron 5 yet? pretty slick.

check it out

http://hyperkin.com/blog/2013/03/retron-5-details-revealed-from-the-midwest-gaming-classic/

That would be like saying the Mario and Sonic at the Olympics games ruined the Mario and Sonic franchises.

I don't think it's fair to think a series is ruined because of one game.

Valid point; vote changed.

Although that game was really REALLY bad.

looks likeni need myself a ps2 then. hey have you guys checked oit the retron 5 yet? pretty slick.

check it out

http://hyperkin.com/...gaming-classic/

I haven't played the PS2 version, so I'm not sure if it's is as good as the PC version. Maybe someone else would know though. You could always get a controller for PC if you don't like using keyboard and mouse for gaming. I saw a steam sale for all 3 Deus Ex games for real cheap last Christmas, not sure if it's still there though.

And yea I've seen retron 3 before, had no idea there's 5 now. Looks pretty cool. I'd probably get it if I could find it cheap enough.

Archived