The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack

vcrguy

So even though he has a very small sample size in the NHL, we sign him for $2M+ per year to be a 10 game per year back up.

And yet he's not even good enough to play against Columbus? If that's not the game to play the back up, who is he going to play against?

I really do wonder what MG and his advisors think about on a day to day basis.

OK, fair enough, but if you can read, Coryberg said this was not a "rumour, trade or signing".

I'll go look for the other forum, but let me guess what it says:

Excellent signing!!!!

We got him for way under market value.

The best back up goalie in the league.

And yet he can't start against Columbus............... :(

"if I can read" stfu lol.

Luongo wanted both games. They said before the season they'd ride Luongo a lot. Lack will play soon.

You're literally basing the signing off of one game. You also don't realize that he's still a young goalie, and 1.15 is a good price for ANY backup goalie.

Do you know what I tell my kids when they want things they shouldn't get? I tell them "no".

I don't care what Luo wants. If its for the good of the team he sits and watches Lack play the Columbus game.

When you say I'm basing the signing off of one game, I agree, that's exactly what the problem is. Lack has only played a handful of games and now we've signed him for $1M+ per year? Do you realize Reimer, the goalie with the best SV% in the league (who is also a back up) makes $1.8M.

As for your ability to read or not, can you still explain why this "signing" doesn't belong in the signing forum?

Do you know what I tell my kids when they want things they shouldn't get? I tell them "no".

I don't care what Luo wants. If its for the good of the team he sits and watches Lack play the Columbus game.

When you say I'm basing the signing off of one game, I agree, that's exactly what the problem is. Lack has only played a handful of games and now we've signed him for $1M+ per year? Do you realize Reimer, the goalie with the best SV% in the league (who is also a back up) makes $1.8M.

As for your ability to read or not, can you still explain why this "signing" doesn't belong in the signing forum?

Because there is already a thread on it, made two and a half weeks ago, which if you took the time to find it you could've put it in there. And you don't make a thread about a signing that already happened and put it in Trades, Rumours, and Signings, it goes in Canucks Talk or General Hockey Discussion.

You're a father? I really thought you were 11-12.

He also signed that contract when he was only pegged as a 'possible' number one goalie. He was very iffy in his first season as a starter after he signed that contract.

He's going to get a raise lol.

And how is Lack starting over Luongo good for the team when you're questioning him being worth over 1m?

Is Luongo only worth league minimum?

Archived