The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings win 3-2 in OT

Brad Bellick^

Ok

1. Sisters? i suggest you try taking the beating those two take on a nightly basis and i am sure you'll be crying in about 4 minutes

2. You might want to look at where hank is in the scoring race. I am sure you'd want any of the names around him yet you say he's going downhill lol

Would you take Perry? P.Kane? How bout Malkin?Ovechkin? well guess what? Perry is tied, Kane 1pt ahead, Ovechkin 2pts ahead, Crosby is 4 pts ahead...

So why don't you start giving an ELITE PLAYER THE RESPECT HE DESERVES VS SOUNDING LIKE A TYPICAL WHINY FAN. Be objective before you make comments.

Daniel, sure not having his greatest year, but he's only 3pts behind Henrik and on pace for a 75pt year. One good game and Daniel is top 10 in scoring.

consider yourself owned

Yep, that guy just got owned.

I hate to agree with you but you are right that our D is overrated and are costing us too much. Only players that I don't want to see moved now are Hamhuis, Tanev, and Bieksa. I have mixed feelings about Garrison's play. I like what he does on defence, doesn't make too many mistakes however, watching him man the right point on PP is so painful compared to what Salo did when he was here. First off, just taking the puck off the board, Salo can let the one timer go from time to time without having to settle the puck down, Garrison can't. On 5-on-3 and 4-on3 PP's, Salo was so good at tightening in and pressuring the opposing D, Garrison always stays far back even though it's 5-on-3.

We should keep Hamhuis and Tanev for sure. Bieksa, although he makes mistakes from time to time, he brings other things so I'm all for keeping him. Stanton costs almost nothing and he is playing well so we should keep him for sure. That leaves either Edler or Garrison as expendable. To me, they basically bring the same thing offensively with Edler being better at laying hits and making the first pass whereas Garrison being more reliable defensively. We badly need someone to replace Salo and if we can get that by trading one of the two, then we need to do so.

yes...one of edler or garrison needs to be moved because they are similar and if packaged correctly (in garrison's case) should fetch a top six winger.

issue is

MG has been poor at making deals so we may end up getting ripped off again. I'd prefer to see Edler go (as much as I like him) bc since that injury something has been off with his mobility. Also, he should fetch more, but he has a ntc so its hard.

Reality is, we are lacking up front and we have good depth on d, especially with corrado in the minors, you need to move a strength to address a weakness, and mg seems frightened and rightly so given his trading track record. I do agree with the guys you said we should make sure we keep.

Bieksa has really raised his game under Torts and is bringing a toughness that made him a fan favorite here. He has also settled down defensively. Hammer is pure talent and can play ten years with his skating ability, just having a slow start. And Tanev will only get better and better.

Just watched the tying goal and I noticed four mistakes.

1st-Booth can't get off a shot from the face off win

2nd-Edler goes for the hit when he should have laid off and played the puck.

3rd-Booth is the first forward back and should have covered the front of the net or supported the dmen down low. Instead he thinks Edler is gonna play the puck hard around the boards and turns to the boards.

4th- Kesler should have stayed with Richards instead of commiting to the pass block.

That goal was text book breakdown from one end of the ice to the other. After watching it four times over in slow mo. Even if one of those 4 mistakes didn't happen. That goal does not get scored.

Well put Momesso! Major breakdowns transitioning from O to D. Of course booth going to the boards was actually a good play; it was Edler who frakked the whole thing up with one of the stupidest timed hits I've seen from him this year...and that's saying a lot with his far to consistent bonehead plays

Some people aren't going to like my post, but I'm saying it anyways.

This team is, and has been for most this season, a top 6 puck possession team. In 85% of the games this yr, they've given up below league avg # of scoring chances. In the w. conference, only STL, LA give up fewer shots against per game. What I'm saying? This team is really good defensivly. Like really good. This is extra amazing because they don't play a trap it up, defense first, clutch and grab style of hockey like LA/ STL and many other w. conference teams.

YET..... of the top 10 puck possession teams in league, Vancouver has given up more goals than ANY of them. By a large margin. In the w. conference you know the only 2 teams who've given up more goals against than Van? Edmonton freekin' Oilers and Winnipeg Jets. I kid you not.

There is no excuse, repeat NO excuse for a team with those defensive #'s to give up that many goals against. It boils down to goaltending IMO. It's boiled down to goaltending all season IMO. Luongo has been sporting one of the leagues worst EV SV% from day 1. The only starting goaltender in the w. conference with a worse EV SV% is in Edm and Cgy. Again, been like this all season.

This team isn't scoring goals. I get it. But no one is in the w conference - except Chi. Van is not built like Chi. Van is built from the goaltending position out. They are a team who needs to rely on goaltending and strong defense to win games - and all people in those important positions are paid hefty sums to do so. A massive amount of cap space is allocated to them.

Luongo needs to step up. I'm not asking for him to be extraordinary. He needs to be the Luongo we've seen for the majority of his NHL career - the guy who's posted elite EV SV% yr after yr. The guy who's a top 5 goaltender in the league. If this guy doesn't show up, I have serious concerns about the Canucks missing the playoffs.

only good things about this game were: the team not taking **** from no one, getting rough when the time is right, henrik's celebration, and torts losing his **** on that tying goal. i felt the same deep down. i really feel for burrows right now, but one of these days, it's going to happen soon, he's gonna score, it'll be a big goal, might even be a break out game, who knows, but burrows will be rewarded soon

Well put Momesso! Major breakdowns transitioning from O to D. Of course booth going to the boards was actually a good play; it was Edler who frakked the whole thing up with one of the stupidest timed hits I've seen from him this year...and that's saying a lot with his far to consistent bonehead plays

edler should have staying front of the net...he lost his focus and went for a big hit on a guy who was already being harassed by Garrison...it was a bonehead play to leave the net for a big hit when its 2-1 late in a game, especially when that wasn't his responsibility (garrison was there, albeit not in great position).

agree with everything else, i said the same thing about booth earlier. even if he didn't recognize that he should have taken the net because of the bad read by edler, he should have been going to the post to be the outlet for Edler to pass if Eddie got the puck, he didn't even do that.

had he, he would have been in the right spot but was being lazy. I see it less of a breakdown in the offensive zone vs a bad read by edler and a bad support play by booth.

I think we needed to add toughness for that cup run, but then again, who would have known that the league would change the way the game is played.

Another thing that Gillis had to deal with in his term here.

Are people forgetting that he built the team with speed and skill, only to get the rule book turned upside down?

Hmmmm a couple things here...the rule book got turned around is a matter of opinion. After the Boston series, gillis decided he wanted to get bigger and tougher so he made a few player changes...how have those worked out so far gillis??? Not well buddy. The bruins got away with murder in that series but lets not forget one important thing ok...during those first two home games, the refs called a fair couple games; bruins were tame and then late in the 1st period of game 3 on the road a certain player named Rome changed everything. After that hit, the refs put away their whistles, and the bruins became the big bad bears, and we all know what happened so let's not reminisce. By the way, gillis had a lot of that speed and skill already in place before he got here. He added some great pieces though, and then well...took the wrong path! Just my humble opinion :)

Ok

1. Sisters? i suggest you try taking the beating those two take on a nightly basis and i am sure you'll be crying in about 4 minutes

2. You might want to look at where hank is in the scoring race. I am sure you'd want any of the names around him yet you say he's going downhill lol

Would you take Perry? P.Kane? How bout Malkin?Ovechkin? well guess what? Perry is tied, Kane 1pt ahead, Ovechkin 2pts ahead, Crosby is 4 pts ahead...

So why don't you start giving an ELITE PLAYER THE RESPECT HE DESERVES VS SOUNDING LIKE A TYPICAL WHINY FAN. Be objective before you make comments.

Daniel, sure not having his greatest year, but he's only 3pts behind Henrik and on pace for a 75pt year. One good game and Daniel is top 10 in scoring.

consider yourself owned

lol, twist the stats all you want, Henrik is 6 points back of cry baby for points 5 points back of Malkin for assists, with more game played prolly more TOI too. AO has 20 goals already, less game played too how about plus minus? Oh sh*t none of the canucks are on the first page! How about power play goals, oh sh*t canucks have a powerplay??

you called that owned, I say you are delusional lol

lol, twist the stats all you want, Henrik is 6 points back of cry baby for points 5 points back of Malkin for assists, with more game played prolly more TOI too. AO has 20 goals already, less game played too how about plus minus? Oh sh*t none of the canucks are on the first page! How about power play goals, oh sh*t canucks have a powerplay??

you called that owned, I say you are delusional lol

lol...you said henrik was going downhill he is two pts back of malkin tonight, yes six now of crosby bc of tonight

wow! six points back of the best player in the world!!! wow! thats soooo bad!!!

troll away

he's 2pts out of 4th (ovie) 3pts out of 3rd, 4 out of 2nd.

might want to look at ovie's plus minus vs. henrik's ...again please do a little research before you troll..it will save you some time and effort of raging.

http://www.nhl.com/i...iewName=summary

oh and the argument of pp points, yeah the pp is playing poorly but it also means he is scoring more five on five, which is actually harder, ie he's not getting the pp padding of the stats that helps alot of players

And i can't really understand your logic

On one hand you critisize henrik for not getting more assists than Malkin (even though he's only 2pts total behind him)

then on the other you argue ovie has 20 goals and henrik isn't close to that.

soo...you think Henrik should lead the league in goals and assists hey? you think he is Wayne circa 1989? is that it? I think you are simply on here to release some pent up trolling rage you have.

consider yourself owned again

wow now you're going to argue assists mean more? lol...you said henrik was going downhill he is two pts back of malkin tonight

yes six now of crosby bc of tonight wow! six points back of the best player in the world!!! wow! thats soooo bad!!!

troll away idiot

http://www.nhl.com/i...iewName=summary

I am not arguing assists worth more, just saying you can play with stats to make it look like they are still ok. Btw it's not just 6 points, cry baby played less games. Didn't he won the art ross not so long ago, now he can't do it anymore isn't that a decline ie going down hill? How hard is it for you to see that they aren't as good as they used to be? Would your little world shatter? Did I call you names? why am I a troll for stating my opinion?

I am not arguing assists worth more, just saying you can play with stats to make it look like they are still ok. Btw it's not just 6 points, cry baby played less games. Didn't he won the art ross not so long ago, now he can't do it anymore isn't that a decline ie going down hill? How hard is it for you to see that they aren't as good as they used to be? Would your little world shatter? Did I call you names? why am I a troll for stating my opinion?

henrik has played one less game. most of the players named other than ovechkin have played within one game

try reading stats before you troll.

your -76 reputation points clearly suggest this trolling is a regular occurance

he can't do it anymore? i didn't think the season ended tomorrow....damn who's in the playoffs can you tell me? what are the matchups?

thanks!

henrik has played one less game. most of the players named other than ovechkin have played within one game

try reading stats before you troll.

your -76 reputation points clearly suggest this trolling is a regular occurance

I don't give a rats arse about my rating, and I dont think voicing my displeasure about the quality of the product is trolling and if it is i'd rahter be -a million and say what I wanna say.

I said they are on the decline, try arguing against that instead of looking at the stats with rose colored glasses. I am gonna go sleep, hope the canucks pay you for what you are doing, though I know they won't.

I don't give a rats arse about my rating, and I dont think voicing my displeasure about the quality of the product is trolling and if it is i'd rahter be -a million and say what I wanna say.

I said they are on the decline, try arguing against that instead of looking at the stats with rose colored glasses. I am gonna go sleep, hope the canucks pay you for what you are doing, though I know they won't.

if henrik was declining the stats would show it

they do not

why are you so angry? is your life that bad? if it is i am sorry.

Canucks biggest problem is either the sisters have really gone down hill (I think this is the case) or people have completely figured them out. Either way, there's no replacement for them, and the money puck scheme isn't working in fetching MG the forwards that he thinks he's signing. Drafting/development has been poor, and MG already pissed away all that he can. So yeah there's a vacuum in scoring right now that they desperately trying to fix but can't because you can't make chicken salad out of chicken you know what, and no "reset button" is gonna solve that. All that defect in scoring is now piled on top of a D core made of bunch of 2nd line Ds (yay more money puck) and the goal tending and people wonder why canucks D men make bad decisions at key moments: they simply got overwhelmed. Hell if I am the D man knowing my team can't score and fuxking crosby malkin is coming down 2 on 1 I'd crap my pants too.

Just wondering, is 10 or 31 your IQ score.

Quality post game interview from Tortorella.

Some of you bandwagoners should take a note.

Oh drop the "bandwagon" BS! You've been around long enough and from your posts appear intelligent enough (most of the time) to know that fans venting or criticizing has nothing to do with what a bandwagoner is. SO tired of that over-used/mis-used label here.

I don't think Sharks are any bigger, nor the current edition of the ducks. Toughness on the other hand is something I agree the canucks is totally lacking.

The Sharks are way bigger than us, Thornton 6'4 220, Marleau 6'2 220, Burns 6'5 230, even their smaller guys are at least Keslers size or bigger. The Ducks are significantly bigger too, Perry 6'3 210, Getzlaf 6'4 220 etc etc.

Archived