The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings win 3-2 in OT

Brad Bellick^

Can the Canucks just make a deal? Two summers of nothing; two swept seasons; poor play that runs from all last year and then now can barely score? Team shots are deceiving; only a small percent of them are quality chances... Then you have a lack of scoring depth and the Sedins see the top defenders 30 minutes a game...

Only way that's gonna happen is if Gillis is fired.

He'll sit back and rest on his President's trophies and do nothing to improve the team until he's fired. A new GM is needed with some outside perspective and some balls to actually mix things up.

I will say I did like Booth's game tonight though. That was encouraging.

What a pathetic and embarrassing home stand... heads should be rolling after this debacle.

Playoff teams don't have Mike Santorelli and Higgins on their top 6 for fracks sakes. This team on paper is a one line team.

I think I've said everything that needs to be said about Luongo in the past... . another CLASSIC Luongo meltdown.. play well for 55 games then absolutely shiet the bed for the final 5 mins of the game.

A lot of 3rd and 4th liners disguised as top 6 forward on our team, that's why we cant score any damn goals. But our GM is 'patient' so don't look for any major changes...

Exactly. Gillis hasn't done his job plain and simple. They are great third liners but not second liners. We don't even have a second line. A first, two 3rds and a 4th.

Let's take a deep breath, cuz this is just the beginning of the downward spiral...don't want any forever faitfuls to jump off lions gate

im nowhere close to panicking just frustrated they will get into the playoffs have far they go is another thing to be honest i am more excited to see the rookie take over it's going to happen eventually

that's why you are clueless. backdoor pass to a guy unchecked at the slot, to richards and kiopitar, both olympians/all stars

blocking u from now on. go learn something besides watching the goalie.

Isn't luongo an olypian/all star? Block me? That's straight out of the troll handbook - if you can't handle someone going against what you say then don't listen to them. You think I am clueless? I think you are clueless for not realizing that a goaltender should be able to make a goddamn decent save every 3 periods. Calculate all the defensive faux pas that the Canucks dmen made and see which led to goals. I can guarantee you that near 100 percent led to goals because they made few mistakes that game. Now stop crying that someone calls out your favorite player as being average goaltender because he is.

We have no second line....Sedins are in a slump but still doing ok, Kesler is solid but has no support. Those players are our offence, we have no other legitimate scorers who can pitch. I feel for Luongo too, putting up solid numbers in this slump. I hope Gillis is busy talking trade because time is running out, especially now that it looks like you need close to a 100 points to make the playoffs in the west.

Well said. MG's got us in this - MG has to get us out . No more half a$$ed trades. It's time to let go of one of the anchor players that been weighing us down for too long like Edler or that screwball Bieksa who has cost more games than I can remember.

I called this team mediocre at the seasons dawn and my thread got locked. Saw this coming from a MILE away.

EDIT:

Forget this season, get excited about the next.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows/ Kassian

Shinkaruk - Kesler - Burrows/Kassian

Higgins - Horvat- Hansen

TBA - Richardson - TBA

Admittedly I've been a major pessimist about this current Canucks lineup (not without good reason of course -_-) but after thinking long and hard about how to milk the current lineup I realized that we shouldn't have to. It'll be a grind but I think if we can push through this year unfazed, we'll be in amazing shape for a rebound season. Though I think we're still short a tad on skill I think it would be the first time since the finals we would have a legitimate second and third line, tweener free.

Kesler gets two wingers that are more than capable of embracing the playmaking role and Horvat gets two work horses flanking him that have proven chemistry and can chip in offensively. Not to mention Jensen could make a push next year after a disappointing camp this time around.

Have you written off this season yet?

Only way that's gonna happen is if Gillis is fired.

He'll sit back and rest on his President's trophies and do nothing to improve the team until he's fired. A new GM is needed with some outside perspective and some balls to actually mix things up.

I will say I did lie Booth's game tonight though. That was encouraging.

Watch the replay of the 2nd goal, from turnover to failure to backcheck on Richards....all Booth, all the time.

What a pathetic and embarrassing home stand... heads should be rolling after this debacle.

Playoff teams don't have Mike Santorelli and Higgins on their top 6 for fracks sakes. This team on paper is a one line team.

I think I've said everything that needs to be said about Luongo in the past... . another CLASSIC Luongo meltdown.. play well for 55 games then absolutely shiet the bed for the final 5 mins of the game.

A lot of 3rd and 4th liners disguised as top 6 forward on our team, that's why we cant score any damn goals. But our GM is 'patient' so don't look for any major changes...

he didnt have a meltdown they were not bad goals......he just needs to make a save for us ....hes the "elite" goalie and doesnt come up with the save we needed they were not ugly goals but when the goalie at the other end looks like a vezina winner and Lu just looks average once again its hard to watch.

Archived