The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT]Vancouver Canucks @ New York Rangers Nov,30,2013 SNET-P

3KBieksa

2058350.jpg

Lol so true. Hmm.... it was only a day ago where everyone was jumping for joy and happy as hell with this team and now that this team has a bad game people are writing off the season, hahaha... Believe in your team and good things will happen. If it's not our year, it's not our year... You KNOW this team will be back and much better than they are this year, next year.. The injection of youth into this lineup will be huge. This team still has the ability to win it all... people just have to believe. You can quote me on this: This team will easily make the playoffs this year when Anaheim, Phoenix, Colorado, etc come back down to earth. The guys will start clicking soon and firing on all cylinders. Every bandwagoner who is crapping on the team for one game will be back and joyful as hell. I can already see it.

If we didn't have the bandwagon I'm not convinced we'd have more than a few dozen fans. Die-hards are rare around here.

Reading your posts here today, I don't think you know what a die-hard fan is.

A die-hard fan is somebody that has been through years of crushing disappointment after crushing disappointment.

Some who's been emotionally invested in this team even when it wasn't popular to do so.

Someone who's watched 3 glorious Stanley Cup runs all end the same way, swear off this team forever because of the emotional toll was taking, then come back the next season to do it all over again.

The fact that you're on here preaching about not being a bandwagon fan tells me you're the biggest bandwagoner on here.

It's so depressing watching the Rangers play the way the Canucks used to. They're flourishing in AV's open system. On a side note, Booth has looked not terrible over the past couple of games. I'll reserve my judgement for the end of the season but I'll admit a little hope has crept up inside me for this guy.

they have a worse record than we do and ours isn't even very good, flourishing? wut?

Yep I can just hear Gillis responding to some question after he just got hired, "high profile goalscorer"? "Who cares first things first 5 year plan, I see Sturm, I see Higgins, I see Lapierre, I see Santorelli, I see Richardson, I see Hansen, I see Burrows, I see Sturm".

Gillis plan.

Sign a bunch of 3rd 4th liners and put them on the second line and hope Kesler , sedins and luongo win the game .

Lol so true. Hmm.... it was only a day ago where everyone was jumping for joy and happy as hell with this team and now that this team has a bad game people are writing off the season, hahaha... Believe in your team and good things will happen. If it's not our year, it's not our year... You KNOW this team will be back and much better than they are this year, next year.. The injection of youth into this lineup will be huge. This team still has the ability to win it all... people just have to believe. You can quote me on this: This team will easily make the playoffs this year when Anaheim, Phoenix, Colorado, etc come back down to earth. The guys will start clicking soon and firing on all cylinders. Every bandwagoner who is crapping on the team for one game will be back and joyful as hell. I can already see it.

Colorado maybe.

The other two

No

For the rest of us that like to be analytical and feel as though we are emotionally invested in the team there is not much to do besides disect the game and pay attention to what's going on ... ie. the strengths and weaknesses. It's pretty damn easy to notice what isn't working. Being realistic and making simple observations and being honest with ourselves doesn't mean we don't support the team.

We are fans, not cheerleaders.

The assumption being that your 'analytical' reasoning is sound. Is it? In many cases it is not (laughable at best). Just because us CONSERVATIVE reasoners call out your snap judgements doesn't mean we are more "cheerleaders" than "real fans".

Talk about BS

Yeah starting to wonder what its going to take to get through to Kassian. Isnt he an RFA next year? I don't know if the team is going to want to resign him.

They will. He's simply trying to get a handle on his game which is frankly unique. He doesn't have a clear analog to base himself on but if he figures it out, people won't be saying he's the next Milan Lucic, they'll be asking "whose the next Kassian?"

To a lesser degree the same goes for Edler. People wouldn't be so on his case if they didn't think he has a lot better to get.

Archived