The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Too Early to call Kassian a dissapointment?

Go Go Canucks Go

For those of us who have NHL.com or Center ice, we can assure you Cody Hodgson is a total flop as a first liner. On pace to have the worst season in modern NHL history for point totals by a first line center.

The guy never was a first liner. He reminds me a lot of Brendan Morrison without the speed. BMO was a good second line center turned 1st liner due to Bert and Nazzy.

He is almost 24 years old. We Canuck fans have watched him since junior. He is fully developed. He is not getting bigger or stronger or faster. If anything, at 5ft 11 , I mean 6ft , he should dump some weight so he can become faster.

Zack is a power forward. Like defense men , it takes far longer to develop them. Zacks problems are mental, which are the kinds of things that age and coaching can develop. He already has the size speed and strength.

By time they are 25 Kassian will be as good as Hodgson and will probably surpass him by then.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

For those of us who have NHL.com or Center ice, we can assure you Cody Hodgson is a total flop as a first liner. On pace to have the worst season in modern NHL history for point totals by a first line center.

The guy never was a first liner. He reminds me a lot of Brendan Morrison without the speed. BMO was a good second line center turned 1st liner due to Bert and Nazzy.

He is almost 24 years old. We Canuck fans have watched him since junior. He is fully developed. He is not getting bigger or stronger or faster. If anything, at 5ft 11 , I mean 6ft , he should dump some weight so he can become faster.

Zack is a power forward. Like defense men , it takes far longer to develop them. Zacks problems are mental, which are the kinds of things that age and coaching can develop. He already has the size speed and strength.

By time they are 25 Kassian will be as good as Hodgson and will probably surpass him by then.

I'd still rather have Morrison over Bernier

Disappointment in Gillis is the emphasis.

Disappointment in his attitude towards CoHo's agent ,disappointment in trading Hodgson without consulting other GM's /entertaining trade proposals for realising the maximum return for team's most coveted asset.

Disappointment in how Gillis blamed others and covered his rear end.

Disappointed in how the Gillis .org let Hodgson,his agent and his Father be massacred in the press without any word of actually protecting the integrity of the player,his agent,family and the Vancouver Canucks as the entity in control of that process.

Disappointed in his lack of accountability and outright denial in his trade return value and very disappointed in how it effected the team since the trade was done.

Kassian is whom he is and he may rise up out of the doghouse to become a player of value.Truly,I hope he can and does.He deserves what he creates for himself.No more and no less.

The reality is he has not emerged as the player that Gillis promised would immediately help the team 2.5 seasons ago and at fourth line minutes Kass is not lighting the hockey world on fire.

Kassian has been disappointing to date but he is young.

The real disappointment label belongs to the Pres/GM.

Disappointment in Gillis is the emphasis.

Disappointment in his attitude towards CoHo's agent ,disappointment in trading Hodgson without consulting other GM's /entertaining trade proposals for realising the maximum return for team's most coveted asset.

Disappointment in how Gillis blamed others and covered his rear end.

Disappointed in how the Gillis .org let Hodgson,his agent and his Father be massacred in the press without any word of actually protecting the integrity of the player,his agent,family and the Vancouver Canucks as the entity in control of that process.

Disappointed in his lack of accountability and outright denial in his trade return value and very disappointed in how it effected the team since the trade was done.

Kassian is whom he is and he may rise up out of the doghouse to become a player of value.Truly,I hope he can and does.He deserves what he creates for himself.No more and no less.

The reality is he has not emerged as the player that Gillis promised would immediately help the team 2.5 seasons ago and at fourth line minutes Kass is not lighting the hockey world on fire.

Kassian has been disappointing to date but he is young.

The real disappointment label belongs to the Pres/GM.

This is the truth. Zacks destiny is in his hands.

You forgot to mention that if we knew Hodgson would be as pathetic as he has been in Buffalo at almost 24, there is no way we even draft him at #10 . The guy is a complete mess. Without the primo minutes and juicy powerplay time on the half wall, he would have 2 or 3 points or 5 at best.

Buffalo may suck but Moulson and Stafford dont. Those are quality players . Hodgson doesnt even kill penalties anymore. Straight power play and first line minutes.

He now has 17 points in 29 games . That is 48 points in 82 games.

Even the 74 -75 Capitals had more points from their leading scorer from that. I dont think there has ever been a team since expansion that had a leading scorer under 60 points. If it is, I cant find it and even if it were, there is no excuse for the #10 overall pick known for his scoring to be put in such a prominent situation and FAIL at the only thing he was supposed to be good at.

So while Zack isnt progressing as well as Gillis told us he would, the guy we traded is sucking just as bad if not worse.. No ifs ands or buts about it. If I was a Hodgson lover now is not the time I would be braggin about that. That is for certain.

Expecting a 23 year old player whom has put up 60 pts in back to back campaigns(top 55 in the NHL) to lead a team out of the NHL basement alone is unreasonable.

Hodgson is playing the first line center because there in no first line center on the team.

Hodgson should be in a 2c role.

The "pathetic" , "mess" and disaster is the state of the Buffalo franchise.

This pathetic mess of a trade is going to haunt Gillis down to his last day at the helm of this franchise.

Expecting a 23 year old player whom has put up 60 pts in back to back campaigns(top 55 in the NHL) to lead a team out of the NHL basement alone is unreasonable.

Hodgson is playing the first line center because there in no first line center on the team.

Hodgson should be in a 2c role.

The "pathetic" , "mess" and disaster is the state of the Buffalo franchise.

This pathetic mess of a trade is going to haunt Gillis down to his last day at the helm of this franchise.

Expecting a Very soon to be 24 year old to put up 60 points is not out of the question getting the juicy minutes and power play time he gets. You keep lowering the bar of what is reasonable. The guy was drafted 10th overall. Not in the 2nd or 3rd round. He aint 18 years old either. He should be able to get 60 points . Like I said, nobody since expansion has got less to lead their team in scoring. And lots of guys lead their team in scoring at 24. Its not that young. Hodgson may not even get 50. How low does the bar go . I

He was drafted to be a scorer. Not a fighter. He doesnt fight. His defensive game is a wreck. He brings nothing else to the table.. If the guy cant score at this point, playing with the best players and getting 19 juicy minutes a night , he is not going to score 80 points in his career unless he is surrounded by superstars.

Want a direct comparison between hodgson and Kassian? On the only terms that Hodgson can defend himself ? The points?

Kassian doesnt play the power play. To compare them means to apples to apples.

Kassian has 5 goals and 6 points in total. Wanna know how many even strength points your beloved Hodgson has?

Nine. 4 goals and 5 assists, and one of the goals was an empty netter.

He has played 5 more games than Kassian, played twice the amount per game than Kassian and played with the best players they have compared to the half baked 3rd and 4th liners Kassian plays with. In fairness to Cody, since we cant count powerplay we can deduct Hodgson usual 4 min on average pp time. So instead of 19min its 15 min.

Hodgson gets 15 min to Kassians 7 or 8 .

And he has THREE more points. A guy a year older , is drafted to score way more than Kassian, and with all those advantages he has THREE more points?

For you to read that, and then CONTINUE to proclaim that Hodgson is better than Kassian would be belligerent. Willfully spinning crap to keep believing a point of view that just isnt true.

We got good value for the guy.

Expecting a Very soon to be 24 year old to put up 60 points is not out of the question getting the juicy minutes and power play time he gets. You keep lowering the bar of what is reasonable. The guy was drafted 10th overall. Not in the 2nd or 3rd round. He aint 18 years old either. He should be able to get 60 points . Like I said, nobody since expansion has got less to lead their team in scoring. And lots of guys lead their team in scoring at 24. Its not that young. Hodgson may not even get 50. How low does the bar go . I

He was drafted to be a scorer. Not a fighter. He doesnt fight. His defensive game is a wreck. He brings nothing else to the table.. If the guy cant score at this point, playing with the best players and getting 19 juicy minutes a night , he is not going to score 80 points in his career unless he is surrounded by superstars.

Want a direct comparison between hodgson and Kassian? On the only terms that Hodgson can defend himself ? The points?

Kassian doesnt play the power play. To compare them means to apples to apples.

Kassian has 5 goals and 6 points in total. Wanna know how many even strength points your beloved Hodgson has?

Nine. 4 goals and 5 assists, and one of the goals was an empty netter.

He has played 5 more games than Kassian, played twice the amount per game than Kassian and played with the best players they have compared to the half baked 3rd and 4th liners Kassian plays with. In fairness to Cody, since we cant count powerplay we can deduct Hodgson usual 4 min on average pp time. So instead of 19min its 15 min.

Hodgson gets 15 min to Kassians 7 or 8 .

And he has THREE more points. A guy a year older , is drafted to score way more than Kassian, and with all those advantages he has THREE more points?

For you to read that, and then CONTINUE to proclaim that Hodgson is better than Kassian would be belligerent. Willfully spinning crap to keep believing a point of view that just isnt true.

We got good value for the guy.

Very well written, when i'm that drunk or high, I usually butcher my grammar and spelling. Mad props to you sir.

Kass was a fire hydrant and the Sedin's struggled.

It's been said many, many times that anyone can get points playing with the Sedin's. Just look at Anson Carter.

If you recall coreectly, before Kassian was placed on a line with the Sedins they were struggling. There were countless calls on the online shows about "what's wrong wth the Sedins". Keep in mind this was a short stretch they were going through and not a prolonged slump. When Kassian was on the line the Sedins were still getting criticized for playing porrly and Kassian sort of gave them a jump. Then you know what happened....but I wouldn't call him a fire hydrant on that line.

Archived