The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 5)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Ya I'm thinking maybe instead of the top person getting 1st overall they can just choose which position they want to draft. Then continue on the same with the rest.

Think that would be the best option. Everyone values draft spots differently, would be interesting to see which spots remain near the end.

Count me in please!

And since Gally is a part of our organization still, currently running as AGM, do we still get a likely chance of grabbing 1st overall since he's been here in the beginning? ;)

If not, that's absolutely fine... We're all here to have fun anyways, right? :)

Ya I'm thinking maybe instead of the top person getting 1st overall they can just choose which position they want to draft. Then continue on the same with the rest.

This sounds great! Hoping my participation in the last entry draft and player creation last season can bump me up a spot or two lmao

The list I create will not determine where you pick it will determine how many balls you get in the lottery thus enhancing your chances at a better pick

Example: The more balls you have the likely higher pick you will get

Once this is complete and the draft order is finalized we then can go ahead and ask which pick GM's would like to have

The list I create will not determine where you pick it will determine how many balls you get in the lottery thus enhancing your chances at a better pick

Example: The more balls you have the likely higher pick you will get

So people wont be able to pick the order they are in ? If that's the case please give me less balls, zero interest in picking in the top 10.

When will the website be up and running again ? Just clicked on it and noticed it was down.

This post will show the odds of getting 1st overall pick

I should mention if 5th pick wins 1st overall 1 through 4 don't drop 1 spot in the draft, basically whatever the lottery simulator says is where you pick so in short 1st overall may end up picking 10th or 15th or last for that matter (although likely not to happen)

So far I have ran a few test drafts and the furthest 1st pick has dropped has been to 3rd overall

Draft Order and percentage based on 10000 balls

1st: 20%

2nd: 15%

3rd: 11%

4th: 8%

5th: 6%

6th: 5%

7th: 4.5%

8th: 4%

9th: 3.75%

10th: 3.5%

11th: 3.25%

12th: 3%

13th: 2.75%

14th: 2.5%

15th: 2.25%

16th: 2%

17th: 1.8%

18th: 1.6%

19th: 1.4%

20th: 1.2%

21st: 1%

22nd: .9%

23rd: .8%

24th: .7%

25th: .6%

26th: .5%

27th: .4%

28th: .3%

29th: .2%

30th: Goodluck

I also should mention I will not be participating in the league I will strictly act as Commish

So people wont be able to pick the order they are in ? If that's the case please give me less balls, zero interest in picking in the top 10.

When will the website be up and running again ? Just clicked on it and noticed it was down.

But once the lottery has taken place we will start at pick 1 and ask where they would like to draft. So if you end up winning the draft lottery you can still pick where you like

Archived