The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia the game [Palazzo dei morti maledetti] Game Over sign-up now open

Dr.Strangelove

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Remember not too long ago us doing that with 112? And how quickly it back-fired? If I was on a Mafia team I'd assure them not to try to pull that trick again. I'll come up as TP anyways so it won't matter in the end.

That round was a good idea poorly executed... MKing 112 was a horrible idea and I would think most people would have learned from that mistake - if you come mafia, you're definitely not doing a good job of being a believable sacrifice. MR and/or his sheriff is probably mafia as well.

If you come up TP, well same deal.

I really don't see why everyone is so skeptical of MR. The spokesperson is most likely a TP i'd think.

Keslers done this once before with the TB, he was telling the truth.

I'm going to trust them both. At least for the first round :bigblush:

Easy to trust people when you're mafia :P

It doesn't seem like a very smart plan for the Mafia to be throwing in a fake Sheriff when the real one is obviously still alive. With that said, a lot of what MR has said just doesn't really add up to me. I imagine there's more to the story than the Sheriff randomly deciding to trust MR with his identity and having him out a Mafioso (in fact, I can almost guarantee it). I see three somewhat believable scenarios and a bunch of other ones that aren't really worth bringing up.

Scenario 1:

Everything we've heard in the thread is 100% accurate. The Sheriff investigated Junko, and decided the best course of action was to blindly trust Master Radishes and have him reveal Junko as Mafia in the thread. Impossible to say whether Master Radishes is clean or not if this is the case, though if he is Mafia, the Sheriff will be dead at nightfall. I'd encourage the Sheriff to make another blind leap of faith (since this is apparently nothing to them) and trust another player with their identity just in case.

Scenario 2:

The "Sheriff" is Mafia and decided to "play" Master Radishes. It's likely that Junko would be Mafia if this were the case, but it doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever as they'd be sacrificing one of their own for virtually nothing. The real Sheriff would surface at some point, things get messy, and eventually their "Sheriff" ends up dead. Even if Junko were clean, it's hard to see much upside in faking a Sheriff to take out one TP...unless he's a Special and they've had their KP investigation? Still though...seems a little pointless unless they had two confirmed Specials, and obviously (hopefully?) they don't at this point in the game.

Scenario 3:

Master Radishes and the "Sheriff" are both Mafia; Junko is TP. Again, I really struggle to see what they get out of this unless they've nailed Junko as the Sheriff with a KP investigation (at which point he'd just claim Sheriff in the thread, I'd hope...), and they'd likely just use their Mafia kill on him anyway instead of getting involved in something like this.

For what it's worth, Junko's playing this eerily similar to the last time he was investigated and confirmed Mafia IIRC.

I'll vote1 Junko for now, but I'm definitely giving this another look tomorrow.

Should go without saying...if the real Sheriff is out there, investigate/contact me ASAP to let me know of my error. And meanwhile, I'd humbly ask the Doctor to consider putting a save in for me this round, just so I have a chance to prove myself.

Okay, this caught my eye.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Sheriff to out themselves and have the Doctor save them instead? This could easily be something you guys fabricated just to draw the real Sheriff into PMing you.

That round was a good idea poorly executed... MKing 112 was a horrible idea and I would think most people would have learned from that mistake - if you come mafia, you're definitely not doing a good job of being a believable sacrifice. MR and/or his sheriff is probably mafia as well.

If you come up TP, well same deal.

Guess you'll have to wait for tomorrow then! I think I feel worse for MR because he always seems to be put in such a difficult position. Regardless of what I am, to you he seems like a dead man. :lol:

Hey Junko, we're kes TB suspicion buddies again.

I doubt he'll TB someone who's going to get lynched. ;)

Scenario 3:

Master Radishes and the "Sheriff" are both Mafia; Junko is TP. Again, I really struggle to see what they get out of this unless they've nailed Junko as the Sheriff with a KP investigation (at which point he'd just claim Sheriff in the thread, I'd hope...), and they'd likely just use their Mafia kill on him anyway instead of getting involved in something like this.

Scenario 3 would just be MR as mafia claiming someone contacted him when the only contact he's had is the mafia PM...

Sheriffs are easy to fake because you can never PROVE someone is the sheriff - you can only prove they are NOT the sheriff - and having one come out early (first, even) could help lend credibility to them instead of the real one.

you've shot up my suspicion list -if I was the vig, I'd prolly VK you tonight :P

For what it's worth, Junko's playing this eerily similar to the last time he was investigated and confirmed Mafia IIRC.

I'll vote1 Junko for now, but I'm definitely giving this another look tomorrow.

Last time I admitted I was Mafia IIRC at some point after being investigated. I think it was in ROUND 3 or something like that? This time I'm more or less accepting my death because it's the logical thing to do. Not killing me at this point would be an insult to me. Obviously you'd gain tremendous amounts of information from my death for the TP to move forward with.

Scenario 3 would just be MR as mafia claiming someone contacted him when the only contact he's had is the mafia PM...

Sheriffs are easy to fake because you can never PROVE someone is the sheriff - you can only prove they are NOT the sheriff - and having one come out early (first, even) could help lend credibility to them instead of the real one.

you've shot up my suspicion list -if I was the vig, I'd prolly VK you tonight :P

And you'd be wrong, as usual.

Archived