The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia the game [Palazzo dei morti maledetti] Game Over sign-up now open

Dr.Strangelove

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, joke time over. Let's get on with the game.

So...hmmm...let's say, hypothetically, someone were to PM me and say he/she was the Sheriff. And he/she explained, hypothetically, that although I was not his/her investigation, his/her actual investigation came up Mafia and he/she wanted to get the information out there. Thus, hypothetically, he/she chose me randomly to share this info with, gambling that I am TP for certain reasons.

Hypothetically...would anyone believe me?

Hypothetically, I'd be suspicious of the sheriff because it's pretty rare for an uninvestigated player who hasn't claimed to be the sheriff yet, especially with Kesler coming out as the TB. Might as well hypothetically get the name out there, though. Hypothetically, that is.

Okay, joke time over. Let's get on with the game.

So...hmmm...let's say, hypothetically, someone were to PM me and say he/she was the Sheriff. And he/she explained, hypothetically, that although I was not his/her investigation, his/her actual investigation came up Mafia and he/she wanted to get the information out there. Thus, hypothetically, he/she chose me randomly to share this info with, gambling that I am TP for certain reasons.

Hypothetically...would anyone believe me?

That's interesting to say the least that they came to contact you of all people, and trust you right off the bat, risking their identity being possibly revealed to the Mafia.

You, and this other person have been put in a dangerous spot to say the least, because the Sheriff would be better off contacting Kes later into tomorrow and waiting it out. That "Sheriff", if they really are the Sheriff, shouldn't have jumped the gun so early in contacting someone they didn't investigate.

Hypothetically, Id say we lynch the guy who came up mafia and the vig kills you just to be safe.

Problem with that is if I die, I can't sell out the name of my Sheriff if their target comes up TP after all. But you can always have me killed next round in that scenario, just to be safe.

Hypothetically, I'd be suspicious of the sheriff because it's pretty rare for an uninvestigated player who hasn't claimed to be the sheriff yet, especially with Kesler coming out as the TB. Might as well hypothetically get the name out there, though. Hypothetically, that is.

Yeah, my thoughts too. Very odd. But it's something to kick this game off with a bang, at least.

That's interesting to say the least that they came to contact you of all people, and trust you right off the bat, risking their identity being possibly revealed to the Mafia.

You, and this other person have been put in a dangerous spot to say the least, because the Sheriff would be better off contacting Kes later into tomorrow and waiting it out. That "Sheriff", if they really are the Sheriff, shouldn't have jumped the gun so early in contacting someone they didn't investigate.

Yeah. Well. They named you as Mafia. So, hypothetically, we would need to start debating the merits of lynching you as a method of proving their validity.

'Kay, well, since it's out there...

Vote1 Junko

Junko, buddy, if you come up TP I apologise, and I'll be the first to vote against my "Sheriff." But one can't just ignore a development like this without testing out the claims being made.

Should go without saying...if the real Sheriff is out there, investigate/contact me ASAP to let me know of my error. And meanwhile, I'd humbly ask the Doctor to consider putting a save in for me this round, just so I have a chance to prove myself.

MR, do not trust Kesler with any potentially important information. Just don't.

I wasn't really planning to. I'll consider VIC's idea, but it doesn't seem to me the best course of action in the long run, not with it being Kes.

If it makes everyone feel better, I'm happy to volunteer to be Vig killed next round if my Sheriff's name comes up TP now.

I wasn't really planning to. I'll consider VIC's idea, but it doesn't seem to me the best course of action in the long run, not with it being Kes.

If it makes everyone feel better, I'm happy to volunteer to be Vig killed next round if my Sheriff's name comes up TP now.

I think Kesler would be stupid to choose the TB to come out as if he was lying, though. It'd be so easy for the real TB to come out and say that (s)he was the real TB and that (s)he would be killing Kesler tonight. Of course, there's always the risk that Kesler accidentally tells the mafia who the sheriff is :P

I think Kesler would be stupid to choose the TB to come out as if he was lying, though. It'd be so easy for the real TB to come out and say that (s)he was the real TB and that (s)he would be killing Kesler tonight. Of course, there's always the risk that Kesler accidentally tells the mafia who the sheriff is :P

That's my concern.

So let me get this straight. The sheriff hits a mafia with his/her first investigation and then decides to roll the dice and contact someone to get the info out and the player they contact is the most infamous mafia player the game has to offer? Seems legit.

I'm just confused as to why someone would contact YOU without an investigation.. They're taking a gigantic risk, and furthermore doing it way too early into the game. They should've waited until midday tomorrow IMO when information had surfaced.

I'm not going to say the obvious "I'm not Mafia", but I think you or someone else is trying to out me early on. It doesn't make sense however that they'd/you'd risk sacrificing themselves/yourself for the sake of taking out one TP, however.

Archived