The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia the game [Palazzo dei morti maledetti] Game Over sign-up now open

Dr.Strangelove

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok good - I'm not the only one finds it weird....

'Kay, well, since it's out there...

Vote1 Junko

Junko, buddy, if you come up TP I apologise, and I'll be the first to vote against my "Sheriff." But one can't just ignore a development like this without testing out the claims being made.

Should go without saying...if the real Sheriff is out there, investigate/contact me ASAP to let me know of my error. And meanwhile, I'd humbly ask the Doctor to consider putting a save in for me this round, just so I have a chance to prove myself.

Vote1 Junko

Vote1 Junko, As good as we'll get this round, unless we get another spokesperson.

this is more suspicious then Junko atm...

Honestly, unless the person who contacted you is a complete dumbass, it makes no sense - either MR is getting played or MR is playing us himself and could be the KP...

I propose if no one else comes out as the TB, Kes starts up the alliance later tomorrow - I'd urge all specials to lay low this first round

So let me get this straight. The sheriff hits a mafia with his/her first investigation and then decides to roll the dice and contact someone to get the info out and the player they contact is the most infamous mafia player the game has to offer? Seems legit.

I would have a similar reaction to yours.

All I can say is...barring one incident last game (which was done to help my teammate), when do I ever make stuff up like this? I have a reputation for being tricky, sure, but it's not because of schemes like this.

I'm just confused as to why someone would contact YOU without an investigation.. They're taking a gigantic risk, and furthermore doing it way too early into the game. They should've waited until midday tomorrow IMO when information had surfaced.

I'm a terrible choice if only because I tend to die early. But what can I say - this is what they've done, and I'm just going along with it. I actually suggested waiting till tomorrow to give out this info, but they insisted I do it now.

Ok good - I'm not the only one finds it weird....

this is more suspicious then Junko atm...

Honestly, unless the person who contacted you is a complete dumbass, it makes no sense - either MR is getting played or MR is playing us himself and could be the KP...

I propose if no one else comes out as the TB, Kes starts up the alliance later tomorrow - I'd urge all specials to lay low this first round

There's no way of verifying the story if we don't kill Junko, though. If proper safeguards are put in place, the mafia would have taken an uneven trade off if Junko turns up TP.

If MR is getting played, then Junko gets Lynched and the MK goes to MR...

The only proper safe guards to put in place is for the MR's sheriff to talk to someone else as well.

Coming out THIS early with a story like that is just to crazy to be true - why on earth would you contact someone first round claiming to be sheriff when a TP special is already out? And coming out with a lynch candidate this early supposedly stops conversation which makes this (if true) even more of a horrible idea.

MR - do you actually believe your sheriff? How positive are you he's telling the truth ?

again... if MR is TP and being played, he's getting the Mafia kill tonight if the mafia have any brains at all. Hell, I'd MK him anyways just to cast some doubts.

I'm in no way defending Junko - he's definitely not as enthusiastic so far compared to other rounds, but this whole thing makes zero sense.

If MR is getting played, then Junko gets Lynched and the MK goes to MR...

The only proper safe guards to put in place is for the MR's sheriff to talk to someone else as well.

Worst case scenario, we lynch a TP and the "Sheriff" gets away scot-free. At this point in the game, that's not going to sink us. It's actually a pretty terrible trade-off for the Mafia. And what happens if/when the real Sheriff contacts me/someone else?

It all sounds fishy, I agree, but it's actually a pretty poor scheme for the Mafia to try to pull off.

Coming out THIS early with a story like that is just to crazy to be true - why on earth would you contact someone first round claiming to be sheriff when a TP special is already out? And coming out with a lynch candidate this early supposedly stops conversation which makes this (if true) even more of a horrible idea.

First of all, the TP Special is Kesler, who, frankly, has a terrible reputation among many players here. It's not inconceivable they'd ignore his claims.

As for the killing-the-discussion bit...well, at first that's what I said to my Sheriff, and I said we should wait. But he/she insisted I do it now. And really, all our discussion up till now has been jokes and spam - this actually got some real debate going. So it actually did the opposite.

MR - do you actually believe your sheriff? How positive are you he's telling the truth ?

Well, I can be accused of trusting too much, but yes, I believe him/her so far.

again... if MR is TP and being played, he's getting the Mafia kill tonight if the mafia have any brains at all. Hell, I'd MK him anyways just to cast some doubts.

Which is why I'd recommend the Doctor think about saving me tonight. My survival until next round is fairly important at this point. If Junko comes up TP, we can go from there.

Worst case scenario, we lynch a TP and the "Sheriff" gets away scot-free. At this point in the game, that's not going to sink us. It's actually a pretty terrible trade-off for the Mafia. And what happens if/when the real Sheriff contacts me/someone else?

It all sounds fishy, I agree, but it's actually a pretty poor scheme for the Mafia to try to pull off.

If you get MK'd, and we go down 2 TP - your sheriff gets away scott free unless someone else knows his name, which is going to happen because you trust them.

First of all, the TP Special is Kesler, who, frankly, has a terrible reputation among many players here. It's not inconceivable they'd ignore his claims.

Sure he has a reputation... a lot of people here do... and TB is a horrible special to come out and claim right off the bat.

As for the killing-the-discussion bit...well, at first that's what I said to my Sheriff, and I said we should wait. But he/she insisted I do it now. And really, all our discussion up till now has been jokes and spam - this actually got some real debate going. So it actually did the opposite.

Looks like it has had the opposite effect. Why would they insist you do it now? Doesn't that seem fishy ?

Well, I can be accused of trusting too much, but yes, I believe him/her so far.

And no - the Doc shouldn't save you :P You're not confirmed TP, you've just been trusted a little too much.

Hell, I could even see Junko being a mafia sacrifice right now to get some cred for you and/or your sheriff. Either way, the whole thing stinks... at least PPCLI gets his wish.

I'm in no way defending Junko - he's definitely not as enthusiastic so far compared to other rounds, but this whole thing makes zero sense.

Hahaha. That'd be because I wasted it all hosting last game. ;)

I'm usually not THAT enthusiastic in the 1ST round anyways. Hard to be enthusiastic when you're likely doomed come tomorrow night anyways.

Hell, I could even see Junko being a mafia sacrifice right now to get some cred for you and/or your sheriff. Either way, the whole thing stinks... at least PPCLI gets his wish.

Which is why I'd rather see me get lynched. At this point is there really a better candidate to hang? I don't think so. Unless you want to lynch MR or his "Sheriff", which would be riskier than lynching me, and in my opinion, idiotic.

You'll know a lot more come 10PM tomorrow night from my death then from anyone else in this game at this point.

If the TB who came out in the first round wasn't Kesler, would this situation still arise? I'm not sure but it seems opportunistic (and FTR I am NOT a fan of the TB coming out in the first round anyways).

MR, you really don't have a choice but to give Kesler the name of your sheriff sometime before nightfall just in case (IF THE REAL TB IS OUT THERE, MAKE YOURSELF HEARD BEFORE THEN!) . The Doc should be saving Kesler (who shouldn't be using his ability) so the information is safe. If MR survives and the info isn't passed on, it would be pretty obvious MR isn't on the level. Players trying to get MR doc saved are looking sketchy at best (why save an unconfirmed player over a confirmed player?).

Despite her sketchiness, Burr's point stands that Junko is likely a mafia either way Vote1 Junko .

Hahaha. That'd be because I wasted it all hosting last game. ;)

I'm usually not THAT enthusiastic in the 1ST round anyways. Hard to be enthusiastic when you're likely doomed come tomorrow night anyways.

Which is why I'd rather see me get lynched. At this point is there really a better candidate to hang? I don't think so. Unless you want to lynch MR or his "Sheriff", which would be riskier than lynching me, and in my opinion, idiotic.

You'll know a lot more come 10PM tomorrow night from my death then from anyone else in this game at this point.

Spoken like a true mafia sacrifice.

Archived