The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings 3-Luongo 1

D.Doughty

I actually think we agree here. We need the Sedins to score at key times, and so far this year it hasn't been the case

Sadly, I think the Sedins are past their "sell by date". While I respect what they brought and their abilities, I think it is clear they are not built for the western conference of NHL playoffs. re-signing them at a price reflective of their past exploits and not what they will be bringing during the new term worries me. I see it as being a major hurdle to bringing in the younger, talented and more energetic/physical players. They are producing more like 2nd line players and would be a great compliment to a strong first line.

Yeah I was surprised how much the canucks let the kings get away with tonight. I remember a game not long ago, I forget who we were against off hand, but they took a little bit of a run at Henrik and the entire time started getting nasty in his defence. We didn't see that with Luongo tonight except Sestito trying briefly. We need to answer that call.

We've seen where that gets us in the past.

Luongo has no protection from the refs because of his antics in the past. Now other teams know they can take him out and get away with it.

All that's gonna do is give the other team a way to get lots of powerplays, and then the game gets away from us before we know it. What we need is physical defenders who take guys out before they even get a sniff at our crease. That's what good playoff teams do.

Sestito is the only one playing with pride out there. great game Luo.

Kings manhandled us for the most part outside of Sestito.

Gillis needs to go get Wayne Simmonds and Ryan Callaghan.

Sedins playoff hockey disappearing act once again.

Higgins- Kesler-Callaghan

Sedin- Sedin-Simmonds

Santorelli- Richardson-Burrows

Sestito-K.Lain- Kassian

And how do we get those guys?

2010-11 3.2 goals per game

2013-14 2.65 goals per game

There's the difference.

This is a 3-2 league. This team is not gonna be able to win consistently scoring 1 or 2 goals a game.

We need our first line to show up in more games. Too many nights off for them lately.

While I do like the Sedins ability, their game has become far too one dimensional. They are no longer the dominant players they once were.

Signing them to the contracts they received this early in the season has proven to be a huge mistake.

I don't know about proven? Torts rode them ridiculously hard early and I think he may have over paced them to the point where all they can do is try to keep up. One of them might be injured but I would bet they don't practice much or produce much for the next month or more and start to pick back up in the last 20 games of the season.

True but I doubt we would be cap compliant with the 2011 team anyways. Especially paying Erhoff for life.

37 goal difference over a full season while Ehrhoff had 14 goals in each of his two years here with the team.

This lineup is short 23 goals of scoring plus an Ehrhoff at his peak.

Samuelsson,Burrows and Ehrhoff scored 58 goals between themselves that year.

Ok wake up peeps

Sedins: coming on mid-30s... They aee 2nd or soon 3rd liners.

Problem: Nonis sucks at drafting. No players coming up.

Solution: not winning for a few years. Suck it up and wait. Woe to thee bearer of bad news

Your posts are always so negative. This team isn't that bad, and the Sedins are usually good for at least a point per game. Lots of talent on this team, just need a few more pieces which will hopefully come next year.

Not sure why people are surprised by the Sedin's production. 33 years old already. Their prime was 3 years ago, point production will go down. This is just a fact.

We all saw what happened to Naslund once he hit this age.

Fair enough and they are good citizens,,but in all honesty,,4 years at 7 per is a 14 million cap hit right off the get go,,when you are supposedly in a rebuild mold.

if that clown gillis had only had the brains to keep Mitchell and bring Carter and Richards here

This. I mean it would have been totally doable. Hodgson + Hansen and a pick would have been enough to get Richards, and we probably could have gotten Carter from Columbus straight up for Edler. But of course, instead we got Kassian who has not improved since last season and well we still have sloppy Edler.

Could you imagine a forward core of

Sedin-sedin-Carter

Burrows-Richards-Kesler

Higgins-Richardson-Santorelli

Missed opportunity

Not sure why people are surprised by the Sedin's production. 33 years old already. Their prime was 3 years ago, point production will go down. This is just a fact.

We all saw what happened to Naslund once he hit this age.

Which just makes it astounding why MG would pay them for the past and not wait and see a little longer how they would fare this year. They should hit 65-70 points this year.. really have to wonder what you'll be getting in years 3 and 4 of those deals tho.

We've seen where that gets us in the past.

Luongo has no protection from the refs because of his antics in the past. Now other teams know they can take him out and get away with it.

All that's gonna do is give the other team a way to get lots of powerplays, and then the game gets away from us before we know it. What we need is physical defenders who take guys out before they even get a sniff at our crease. That's what good playoff teams do.

What antics in the past? I really don't understand people accusing Lu of flopping around to get calls. He has never gotten many calls in his favor throughout his time here.

Most goalies do sell contact to get calls, some more than others. Lu has never been like a Mike Smith.

Which just makes it astounding why MG would pay them for the past and not wait and see a little longer how they would fare this year. They should hit 65-70 points this year.. really have to wonder what you'll be getting in years 3 and 4 of those deals tho.

The market is changing. 60-70 point players will be 7M dollar players. If you want a point a game player under this new CBA be prepared to pay Corey Perry/Ryan Getzlaf money. At least 8M is what you're looking at. The Sedins' contract is still fair given the other contracts handed out and will continue to be handed out in the future

Archived